Had the pleasure of celebrating an anniversary at Flamant  in Annapolis last week.  Slightly off the beaten path as Flamant is in a house in west Annapolis.  This is a small and  intimate space as the house provides 3 dining rooms each with 3-4 tables.  This keeps the noise level way down but may be problematic in colder times as the front door opens into a dining room.

The food was very classic and refined.  The chef is Frederik De Pue, who has cooked in Washington and France previously.  Annapolis is just a much smaller and friendlier atmosphere with less dining competition and a town where patrons know each other well.  The menu is small but well executed with 5 snacks, 5 small plates and 5 entrees.   We had the green Gazpacho which was excellent and shared a veal shank which was amazing.

I didn't take picture like other here but will say that this is worth the trip.  If you live in Columbia, Laurel, Bowie, Baltimore then this isn't far and is that good. Here is a link to Tom's review though I would give this a solid 3 stars.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/a-belgian-chef-takes-his-charm-and-whimsy-to-annapolis/2017/07/25/f4a79b2e-6d6b-11e7-b9e2-2056e768a7e5_story.html?utm_term=.14411cd4cbec 

Ate at Flamant Saturday and glad to see De Pue has found his stride in Annapolis as he expanded out the back to add a charming room with roaring fireplace.  Restaurant week menu ws limited but the execution and service superb.  I'll add this to my rotation as the food was great.