Morgan's Seafood, Owner Romeo Morgan on Georgia Avenue and Kenyon Street in Park View - Closed

Anyone been to Morgan's Seafood in Petworth - or is it Columbia Heights? - (3200 Georgia Ave. at Kenyon) since it reopened this summer? Family owned, home-cooked soul food and steamed crabs. It is open until midnight, Mon- Thurs., and 2 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. No website but they are "working on it."

Apparently they had closed many years ago because cars were crashing through though the storefront at the busy intersection. The insurance company dropped coverage and when there was another crash during a police chase, with no insurance coverage, the restaurant closed.

[so...if you go? watch your back!]

I would be a tad cautious. Morgan's family/SO sold the restaurant years ago. The new owners kept the name but the quality of food and the atmosphere quickly deteriorate. Word on the street at that time was they closed because of "criminal" activity although insurance coverage might have been an issue.

I left the neighborhood right before the subway opened, after enduring years of Metro construction. The demographics of the neighborhood have changed since Metro arrived so I can't really talk about the current state of affairs.

If they are proclaiming themselves "family owned" I would ask whose family.

Anyone been to Morgan's Seafood in Petworth - or is it Columbia Heights? - (3200 Georgia Ave. at Kenyon) since it reopened this summer? Family owned, home-cooked soul food and steamed crabs. It is open until midnight, Mon- Thurs., and 2 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. No website but they are "working on it."

Apparently they had closed many years ago because cars were crashing through though the storefront at the busy intersection. The insurance company dropped coverage and when there was another crash during a police chase, with no insurance coverage, the restaurant closed.

[so...if you go? watch your back!]

I would be a tad cautious. Morgan's family/SO sold the restaurant years ago. . . . If they are proclaiming themselves "family owned" I would ask whose family.

FWIW, according to the press release in the Columbia Heights News and the report in the Common Denominator the place is now owned and run by Romeo Morgan and his sons, who bought it from his uncle, Morris Morgan.