"Yayoi Kusama - Infinity Mirrors" Exhibition at The Broad Oct 21, 2017 - Jan 1, 2018, Same-Day Tickets Will Be Sold on a Limited Basis

dcs

2 hours ago, Sundae in the Park said:

What a great itinerary idea for combining The Broad and Grand Central Market!! It speaks perfectly to my desire to combine food and activities in a geographically efficient manner, with bonus points for walkability. Plus I've seen pictures/articles about the Mirrored Room and would love to see it or an iteration. Some more details about accessing The Broad:

• the advanced reservations seem to go very quickly. There are currently no reservations available for Sept. Reservations are released at noon online on the first day of the month for the following month. Example - I will try to get tickets for sometime in October on Sept. 1.
  • you can try to get same-day general admission tickets via the onsite standby line, but I understand that the line can be quite long. Updates on line length are posted throughout the day via their Twitter feed.
  • the museum is closed on Mondays
  • The current Kusama exhibit is the Infinity Mirrored RoomThe Souls of Millions of Light Years Away. This exhibit will close as of October 1, and then on October 21, the space will reopen as a different, larger exhibit (Infinity Mirrors  - apparently the same exhibit that was at the Hirshhorn) and will require separate paid tickets from general admission.  

Yes, you need to jump on the tickets as soon as they are released.  We were there on a Tuesday with 11:30 tickets and observed that a number of people on the standby line were granted admission between 11 and 11:30.  The standby line was no more than 50 people at that time.  The Broad opens at 11 during the week.

On 8/25/2017 at 2:15 AM, Sundae in the Park said:
  • This exhibit will close at the end of September, and then on October 21, the space will reopen as a different, larger exhibit (Infinity Mirrors  - apparently the same exhibit that was at the Hirshhorn) and will require separate paid tickets from general admission.  

Tickets for the full run of the show (October 21, 2017 through January 1, 2018) will be released on September 1 (today) at noon PT.  Tickets are $25.

6 hours ago, dcs said:

Hahahaha, ouch. Tickets are already sold out for the entire run as of 1:45 PM. I got in the ticket-purchasing queue at 12:55 PM and was number 95,653 in line. When the tickets were sold out there were still over 70,000 people in queue before me, so I never even got close. You can still get same-day tix once the exhibition opens but I imagine the lines will be killer, so totally impractical for folks with little kids. Ah well!

• Sad 1

On 9/1/2017 at 4:53 PM, Sundae in the Park said:

You can still get same-day tix once the exhibition opens but I imagine the lines will be killer, so totally impractical for folks with little kids. Ah well!

For those who *must* see this exhibition, do remember that same-day tickets will be available on a limited basis.

Also, the main thread about the exhibition - which will be traveling around North America until 2019 - is here.