ElGuapo

Silver Branch Brewing Company (Previously Several other Names), Brothers Christian Layke and Brett Robison's German-Style Microbrewery Coming to Silver Spring Mar 3, 2019

On 9/19/2017 at 12:18 PM, ElGuapo said:

Two local entrepreneurs have signed a letter of intent to lease 10,000 square feet of space for a brewery in downtown Silver Spring at 8401 Colesville Rd:

"Local Entrepreneurs Plan Brewery, Beer Garden in Silver Spring" by Mike Diegel on sourceofthespring.com

Sounds lovely. And while that location is a super quiet one outside of commuting hours, it's definitely convenient for me. I hope this all works out, though I'm not sure Silver Spring will be able to support three breweries (Denizens + Astrolabe coming soon). 

Thanks for all these updates. They appear to have national aspirations - their Twitter and Instagram handles are "silverbranchus" (although I suppose U.S. could be "us," as in, "both of us brothers").

41 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

Thanks for all these updates. They appear to have national aspirations - their Twitter and Instagram handles are "silverbranchus" (although I suppose U.S. could be "us," as in, "both of us brothers").

Or just to differentiate from Silver Branch entities outside the U.S.

I'm really looking forward to this opening. I think they'll end up being like a Maryland burbs version of Mad Fox. Concentration on classic styles. And four cask engines 😍

On 7/19/2019 at 4:59 PM, pras said:

Has anyone been here since opening?

Yes, a number of times. LOVE the beer, especially the fact that it's not all hop bombs.

The food is nice, but limited. And the times I have been there when they have pop-up food folks, it's been a bit pricey.

As with many new beer places, it's a bit kid-friendly for my taste, but as long as we can sit at the bar, it has worked out.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.