Pre-Theater Lunch on the Day after Thanksgiving, near Richard Rodgers Theater in Times Square

bookluvingbabe

We are seeing Hamilton the day after Thanksgiving at the matinee.  I do not expect us to be stuffed from the night before.  In fact, I expect us to be hungry and a bit deprived.  Looking for a really good lunch close to the Richard Rodgers (46th and Broadway.) Going with Mr. BLB and BL-5th grader so it can't be too fancy (mostly for the adult, not the boy...)  Had thought about db Bistro Moderne but open to other suggestions.

Thanks!

On 11/4/2017 at 4:39 PM, bookluvingbabe said:

We are seeing Hamilton the day after Thanksgiving at the matinee.  I do not expect us to be stuffed from the night before.  In fact, I expect us to be hungry and a bit deprived.  Looking for a really good lunch close to the Richard Rodgers (46th and Broadway.) Going with Mr. BLB and BL-5th grader so it can't be too fancy (mostly for the adult, not the boy...)  Had thought about db Bistro Moderne but open to other suggestions.

Thanks!

Aureole - Cafe Un Deux TroisQuality ItalianOrso

Cafe Un Deux Trois is the worst of the bunch, but still serviceable. Honestly, I'd probably go to Aureole or DB Bistro.

Hamilton--best thing I have ever seen. Amazing.  Loved it.  Only had one moment during one song (The Room Where it Happens) where I thought, "gosh, this song could be a little bit shorter and I'd be okay with that."  Otherwise I was mesmerized.  It was the best possible first theater experience for BL-5th grader, especially since his vocal ensemble performed "You'll Be Back" at school right before Thanksgiving.  He was in awe. 

We did end up at DB Bistro Moderne. It turned out that my foodie child was tired and cranky and would not look at the menu so we ordered him the burger which he managed to eat in no time at all.  I looked over and it was gone.  We started with the Alsatian Onion Tarte which was excellent.  I also got the burger and I did not get the fuss--give me a Palena burger any day. Oh wait...

The butternut squash agnoloti, ordered as a side dish for the table and as back up for the crank boy, was bland.  Mr.BLB ordered the charcuterie plate.  The pate in the upper right corner of the photo was the best pate I've ever had.  It was a huge portion and he could not finish it.

We finished with the opera cake and the sorbet assortment (caramel apple, cranberry and dark chocolate).  The cranberry was the hit of the day.  I had actually partially wanted to go because there was a pavlova on the menu but cranky boy wasn't interested in it as it was a sweet potato pavlova and that was "weird." (I'm not sure how much of this was just over excitement about getting to the theater and seeing Hamilton...) 

So glad we did it and I hope to some day be lucky enough to go to Hamilton again. 

IMG_4025.JPG

IMG_4023.JPG

IMG_4013.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_4011.JPG

IMG_4010.JPG

IMG_4009.JPG

• Like 1