The Bruery which hails from Orange County, CA, is about to open their east coast hub in DC at Union Market at some point this month.  If you haven't heard about the Bruery or their beers, they are known for making "big" barrel aged beers, wilds and sours.  Although they are currently available in local stores, most of their more rare offerings never make it to the retail channel and are sold through their website/clubs.  Their Reserve Society is now open for new members and will allow you to pick up your allocations at the DC location.  Definitely worth checking out.  Membership gives you first crack at getting your hands on their most rare beers such as Black Tuesday or Chocolate Rain.  I have had the joy of drinking Chocolate Rain, it is a beast of a beer, clocking in at 19.6% abv.  Although the beer is such a beast in the ABV category, it is exceptionally smooth and balanced, there is a good amount of sweetness to balance out the abv, it drinks like an 8% beer, and has so much flavor going on.  I am not generally big on the liquor barrel aged big beers,  but this is something special.

If high abv liquor barrel aged beers is not your thing, perhaps Flimishmish is.  Flimishmish is a tart blonde which is aged on apricots in oak barrels.  The result is nothing short of amazing, with a refreshing natural apricot flavor coming through.  It is one of those beers that I dream about. 

Thanks for the heads up on this!  I just joined the Reserve Society on the "sours and wilds" side (Terreux).  I figure I will be able to pick up some of the barrel-aged beers as singles as the year goes on.  The Bruery is currently firing on all cylinders, and I had not heard that they were setting up this DC outpost.

24 minutes ago, JBag57 said:

Thanks for the heads up on this!  I just joined the Reserve Society on the "sours and wilds" side (Terreux).  I figure I will be able to pick up some of the barrel-aged beers as singles as the year goes on.  The Bruery is currently firing on all cylinders, and I had not heard that they were setting up this DC outpost.

I purchased the same exact membership.  I was really excited about being able to choose a sour/wild package.

I'm not interested in joining one of the clubs, but have to note that they have a great selection at retail.  Stopped in to get some beers for holiday gatherings and they had dozens of options stocked.  It's great to have access to such a wide variety of their Terreux line in one place.  They are also going to be getting shipments from their Offshoot brewery from time to time; I don't think these are distributed anywhere else in the area.

4 hours ago, TedE said:

They are also going to be getting shipments from their Offshoot brewery from time to time; I don't think these are distributed anywhere else in the area.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that Offshoot isn't distributed anywhere other than through their own retail stores or their website.  I am going to head there later this week to pick up my first allocation.  Can't wait.

I just had the So Happens its Tuesday with Coffee from Bruery at Fireworks Arlington.  They have something from Bruery on Tap and it gets a big crowd, being popular.  This is great.  I'm a dark beer fan.  This is strong at 14.6 ABV and extremely tasty.  It looks like it might be available at Total Wine.  I'm in.

I can't believe it.  I never drink during lunch.  Now I can't do anything...but boy that was good.

On 12/29/2017 at 1:57 PM, pras said:

We got a new firewall at work so I can't get a link, but they are now in a soft open mode.  Grand opening is to be announced, but a date in January 2018.

Perhaps The Bruery can post updated information here so our beer lovers can get updates - would someone please send this suggestion to them?

Greetings to all Bruery fans! I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know that The Bruery Store at Union Market will now be present on this forum. We will be posting updates periodically as well as answering any questions you may have regarding the store. Please feel free to reach out anytime!

Cheers,

Jake T

The Bruery Store at Union Market

On 5/9/2019 at 7:13 AM, TheBrueryDC said:

Greetings to all Bruery fans! I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know that The Bruery Store at Union Market will now be present on this forum. We will be posting updates periodically as well as answering any questions you may have regarding the store. Please feel free to reach out anytime!

Cheers,

Jake T

The Bruery Store at Union Market

Awesome!  Thank you.

Upcoming Events in the DC/VA/MD Area

Thursday, May 16th @ 4pm

Bluegrass & Bruery Terruex Savor Tap Takeover The Midlands

3333 Georgia Ave NW, Washington DC 20010

The Crew from Bruery Terreux will have lines of mind bending beers, plus bottle pours, and Hanna Jaye and the Hideaways!

Beers to Include: Bakery Banana Bread, Brazo Brazo, Oude Tart w/ Cherries, Annuel, Chocolate Rain, Bourgogne Noir, Elizabeth Rutherford

Saturday, May 25th @ 1pm

May Society Member Meetup

Dominion Wine and Beer

107 Rowell Ct, Falls Church, VA 22046

Join us as we take over 12 Taps at Dominion Wine & Beer. Society Members take note - we will be featuring all of May's allocations and more! Not a member but interested and haven't pulled the trigger? No Worries! This event is open to all. Come enjoy a beer with Bruers and Members alike.

Beers to Include: Retreat (Double Hazy IPA), Strikethrough (Hazy DIPA collab w/ Revision), Underline (Hazy IPA), LXXV (75, collab w/ Nola Brewing), Gerburstagkranz (BBA Imperial Stout w/ Cherries, Vanilla & Cocoa Nibs), Mousseux (A Pet-Nat inspired beer-wine hybrid collab w/ Side Project Brewing), Pie Happy (BBA Ale w/ Apples, Vanilla, Cinnamon & Nutmeg) plus more!

Thursday, May 30th @ 4pm

Lost Dog Tap Takeover @ Lost Dog Cafe

808 N Henry St, Alexandria, VA 22314

We are taking over the taps at Lost Dog Cafe in Alexandria! The Bruery, Bruery Terreux and Offshoot will all be represented across 12 draft lines. With 30+ Gourmet Pizza offerings, the Beer/Za pairing options are near limitless!

Beers to Include: Kisses Betwixt Mr. and Mrs. Ridiculous (Dofish Head collab), Bakery Banana Bread, Sourrento (Lemoncello inspired sour ale w/ lemon zest and vanilla), Chocolate Rain, White Chocolate w/ Cherries, plus more!

Friday May 31st @ 5pm

Bruery & Dogfish Collab Release Party

Max's Taphouse, 737 S Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21231

On Friday, May 31st we are taking over the taps at Max's Taphouse for a special release of the collaboration beers created by The Bruery and Dogfish Head. In addition to the three collab projects we will be pouring: 

This Is Ridiculous (Dogfish Head Collaboration - dry-hopped saison-stlyle ale), This Is Mrs Ridiculous (Dogfish Head Collaboration - Mixed culture sour ale with pinot noir grapes), Kisses Betwixt Mr. and Mrs. Ridiculous (Dogfish Head Collaboration - Blended sour ale), Retreat (Hazy DIPA), Bakery Banana Bread, Goses Are Red (Gose style ale brewed with syrah grapes), Trade Winds (Belgian Tripel brewed with rice and thai basil), S'more Bbls (Sour stout blended with BBA Imp. Stout with marshmallows, cacao, graham cracker and vanilla), Wit The Funk on Randall (w/ Blood Orange or Grapefruit)