Ramen Factory 42 - in the Same Falls Church Shopping Center as Takumi - Closed

I took the kids to Ramen Factory 42 for dinner tonight after a visit to the pediatrician.

What I first noticed is that their menu selection is remarkably similar to Jinya, which is also similar to Kizuna.  Basically bao buns, gyoza, fried chicken, fried shrimp,  takoyaki and ramen.

That makes cross comparison pretty easy.

We had their gyoza - the kids think Jinya is the winner.  I don't think there's much difference.  Both are small, thin skinned, with less filling but do not taste great.

We had their fried shrimp (ebi fry).  This is not shrimp tempura, and it isn't anything special.  Can't say I'm a fan of Jinya's crispy shrimp tempura either.  Different batter but similar in quality.

We had their fried chicken.  Again, not much difference in quality between here and Jinya.  

Inarizushi - I'm shocked that the kids like this.  I liked it too but it's just tofu skin and rice.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramen - very fatty chasu with very little meat, perfectly cooked egg with creamy yolk, nice noodles but I would've liked more chew, and decent broth. 

• Like 1