The Sandwich Shop

Mrs DrXmus and I had lunch at The Sandwich Shop this afternoon. We were there a little after noon and the place was about half full. There wasn't much more business before we left around 12:30. The inside is unchanged from Chase the Submarine, I'm fairly certain. 

I had a Cuban sandwich which I enjoyed. The bread was a ciabatta, so some would have a fit, but it was quite fine for me. The ham was replaced with a couple of slices of salami, which I liked very much. I got an order of fries which were great, if slightly undersalted. They seemed to be battered and were crispy as expected and creamy on the inside. Mrs DrX got a turkey sandwich which should have included fresh mozzarella, avocado, tomato, lettuce and a cranberry mostarda. She doesn't like out of season tomatoes, avocado or condiments, so it ended up being bread, lettuce and mozzarella. I don't think they added the vinaigrette she'd asked for. The turkey itself was tasty, but she got bored with the sandwich by the end. Every sandwich comes with a cup of a few pickled onions, a few bread and butter pickles and a spear of what I'm guessing is a half-sour (I'm no pickle pro, so I wouldn't bet on that) which were all terrific. 

There were breakfast sandwiches on the menu for earlier in the day. For the rest of the day I saw some salads, veggie options and other side dishes. I couldn't find a web site and I didn't memorize the menu, so I can't expand on the options any more than this. The sign on the building still says "Chase the Submarine" but there's a sheet of paper in the window that says "The Sandwich Shop".