Yentruoc (Court)

For me, this is more "fit for easter challenge"- I'm going to have to be in a bathing suit in front of my SO and his friends (and their wives) by April 4. :lol:

I'm going to attempt this feat via Weight Watchers, which when you follow it (surprise!) really works. I've been able to lose about 2 lbs. a week by following WW for 4 or 5 days a week- taking the weekends off of course. :unsure:

I'll post any recipes that I think are yummy and healthy, including points and calorie counts. Tonight: good old fashioned Chicken Pot Pie.

Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken Pot pie

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time: about an hour and a half.

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast

2 tablespoons butter

1/4 cup flour

1 cup chicken broth

3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk

3 tablespoons white wine

1 cupCo flour

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup butter

1/3 cup ice water

1 medium onion

3 medium carrots

2 stalks celery

3/4 cup frozen peas -- thawed

3 tablespoons fresh parsley -- minced

Poach the chicken until done; remove and dice into small chunks.

preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

To prepare crust, lightly spoon 1 cup flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 1/4 cup flour, ice water, and vinegar in a small bowl. Combine 3/4 cup flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add vinegar mixture; stir just until moist. Press mixture gently into a 5-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap; cover with additional plastic wrap. Chill for 15 minutes. Roll dough, still covered, into a 13 x 10-inch oval. Place dough in freezer 5 minutes or until plastic wrap can be easily removed.

Melt the 2 tbsp of butter in a large saucepan over med-low heat. Add the 1/4 cup of flour and whisk until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly for 1 minute. Add 1 cup of chicken broth and whisk again until smooth.

Whisk in the 3/4 cup of milk. Increase the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a bare simmer, whisking constantly. Stir in the cooked chicken, along with the 3 tbsp wine; add salt, pepper, and a dash of nutmeg to taste.

To finish the potpie: Microwave the celery, carrots, and onion for 2 minutes or until tender. Stir the veggies, including the peas and parsley, into the chicken mixture.

Pour the chicken mixture into the pan. Roll the crust out and place it on top, leaving room for it to shrink a bit.

Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until chicken is bubbly and the crust is nicely browned.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 322 Calories; 13g Fat (37.6% calories from fat); 19g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 65mg Cholesterol; 699mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat.