Tsumami Express - Chef Kar Lee Comes from Tsunami Sushi & Asian Bistro - Opening Jan 2, 2018 inside Bruno's, 255 N. Queen St., Lancaster

On 12/26/2017 at 9:32 AM, kitkatpaddywak said:

Anyone know anything about this chain of sushi joints? Its about to open in Lancaster, Pa. I need intel. Help! 

It's opening on Tue, Jan 2, 2018, and it's going to be inside of Bruno's at 255 N. Queen St.

"Coming Soon to Lancaster: Tsunami Express" by Madeline Rice Brommer on thetowndish.com

Tsunami Express Lancaster Facebook page

I have to say, I don't like what I see when I look at pictures of their Maki - the Nigiri look a little more promising.

Are you *sure* this is a chain? I can't find anything about any other locations - the chef is named Kar Lee, and was previously at the (now closed) Tsunami Sushi & Asian Bistro at 1930 Columbia Ave.

Screenshot 2017-12-28 at 13.38.41.png

My rule of thumb for ordering at places like this are: start simple - nigiri of sake, tako, hirame - and either double-down from there, or fold 'em. I wouldn't get your hopes up until you try it, but who knows?

3 hours ago, DonRocks said:

I wouldn't get toro here (at first); I said tako. :)

My sign off was an ode to my love for sushi :rolleyes:. Fatty tuna belly is one of my favs, along with  fish collar are my top picks at any high end spot.Tako on the other hand is not at the top of my list unless its charred Yakatori style. I would not have an expectation that toro would be available, and if it is, I will be impressed. I mean I did learn that the hottest sushi spot in the Tri state area can be found at a location in the Newark airport. So anything is possible. 

On the hunt for good sushi,

kat