Matt and I flew Turkish Airlines to Singapore.  The low fares are incredibly tempting, as is the free hotel and free tour of Istanbul.  We did find the staff to be very accommodating and nice and the food was for the most part very good- except for one terribly weird English Breakfast.  I found the guy dressed as a chef on-board to be a bit silly.  The seats were fairly old, but that may have made them bigger than some other seats, who knows.  They allow you to check two bags for international flights, (I forget the weight limit, but it might be wise to pack a checkable duffle if you normally only take one bag, as lots of people were unloading stuff from one bag to another.  I found this insanely annoying, but multiple airlines do it, if you can have two bags with so much weight, you should be able to have one bag that is less than those two weights.  You may also carry on two bags.  You line up a bit like Southwest Airlines to board the plane, and people have no real regard for the groups, so it is pretty much a cattle call, and because they fly to more countries than any other airline, we found they had a lot of infrequent fliers.  I assume it is comparable to many of the other new airlines that have come up with fairly low fares.  We had one delay for an hour due to weather, but given the weather going on all around, it was likely very justified, other than that, things ran on time, and they made up that hour in the air.  So, not a GREAT airline, but also fine for the price.  We went on the free tour, we could only do the really short one, but it was nice to get out and get some fresh air during a fairly long layover.

1 hour ago, ktmoomau said:

Matt and I flew Turkish Airlines to Singapore.  

I really appreciate this post, as Turkish Airlines is a candidate for an upcoming European trip - I didn't know whether or not to consider it, and your post at least makes me feel that it's not out of the question.

Just opened a new airport in Istanbul to compete with the ME3.  More destinations "globally" than any other airline.

Wiki:

As of 2018, it operates scheduled services to 304 destinations in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas, making it the largest carrier in the world by number of passenger destinations (excluding regional brands).[8][9] It serves more destinations non-stop from a single airport than any other airline in the world.[10] Turkish Airlines flies to 122 countries, more than any other airline.[9][5][11

3 hours ago, Count Bobulescu said:

Just opened a new airport in Istanbul to compete with the ME3.  More destinations "globally" than any other airline.

Wiki:

As of 2018, it operates scheduled services to 304 destinations in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas, making it the largest carrier in the world by number of passenger destinations (excluding regional brands).[8][9] It serves more destinations non-stop from a single airport than any other airline in the world.[10] Turkish Airlines flies to 122 countries, more than any other airline.[9][5][11

This is actually delayed for anyone going in the first quarter.  New airport flooded.