Political Correctness and Freedom of Speech

DonRocks

On 8/17/2016 at 9:18 PM, DonRocks said:

Have you seen that internet meme that's been going around - the one about conservatives always longing for "the good old days" (itself a strawman - how many people have you actually heard say this?) and the liberals rebutting it by saying, "Name one single year that you'd like this country to return to" (of course, nobody can - the retort is nothing more than argumentum ad antiquitatem: an attempt to force the person to choose an easily debunked, logical fallacy). It's supremely ironic that Hanson [in "Easy Rider"] said - after the diner scene - "You know, this used to be a hell of a good country. I can't understand what's gone wrong with it." Tables turned - most amusing, and whenever I come across things like that on Facebook, I realize I'm spending too much time on Facebook. I hope it goes without saying that I'm talking about "conservative" and "liberal" in the original, *non-political* definitions of the terms (the fact that I felt the need to say that makes me long for the good old days, when you weren't walking on eggshells every time you say something - we all need you, John Cleese):

On 12/8/2014 at 12:59 PM, DonRocks said:

Tut.jpg

Nov 20, 2017 - "Steve Martin's 'King Tut' Sketch Is Racist, Liberal Arts Students Say" by Beatrice Dupuy on newsweek.com

Jan 16, 2018 - "Liberal Arts Students Saying Steve Martin's 'King Tut' Sketch Is Racist Are Used Condoms" by Don Rockwell on donrockwell.com