CrossLink International - They'll Take Your Unused Prescriptions and Send Them Overseas

When Karen passed away, she had unused vials of Epogen (which people undergoing chemotherapy need to increase their red blood cell count). Nobody - and I mean *nobody* - would take them, even though I had three tiny little vials that would cost about $2,000 retail: I didn't want to just throw them away.

But I doggedly found CrossLink International, located in Downtown Falls Church. They're a missionary service (forget the Christian aspect; they're religious in name only), and they send medical supplies to those who need them, but can't afford them. I still take comfort in thinking my Epogen might have ended up in India, or Africa, helping a cancer patient who might have otherwise died - it's probably not true, but I still tell myself that.

Anyway, if you have any prescriptions (I think they need to be unopened and/or sealed, but I can't remember) that you want to dispose of, call CrossLink. Even stuff like Fentanyl patches, Percocet, etc - people really need those things in third-world countries.

Please at least mentally file this away for future reference.

Don Rockwell

• Like 2