"Sabrina" (1954) Producer and Director Billy Wilder's Tale of Wealth and Servitude on Long Island, Starring Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, and William Holden

DonRocks

"Sabrina" is often considered one of "My Two Favorite Audrey Hepburn Films" by devout Hepburn lovers (of which I am one - the other film being "Roman Holiday," debuting one-year earlier) - 1953-1954 could be considered a mini Golden Age of Audrey Hepburn. 

Sabrina (Hepburn) is the young daughter of a chauffeur (played by the eminently recognizable John Williams), who works for a mega-wealthy family living on the North Shore of Long Island (think: "The Great Gatsby"). The two sons in the family are played by Humphrey Bogart (the same year as his Oscar nomination for "The Caine Mutiny") and a very blonde William Holden (one year after his Oscar victory for "Stalag 17") - Hollywood must have spared no expense in getting these three leading actors.

Early on, there's an amusing scene about a Parisian cooking school.

Without issuing any spoilers for people who are going to watch this classic Romantic Comedy, all I'll say is that "Sabrina," in some small way, can be thought of as a sequel to "Casablanca."

4 hours ago, weezy said:

For such an enchanting movie, apparently there was a lot of friction behind the scenes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047437/trivia

Well, as long as this is out in the open, I think Humphrey Bogart is about the most overrated leading man in the history of Hollywood.

Oh, he makes a pretty good gumshoe in Film Noir, but Ingrid Bergman and Audrey Hepburn? Their finished products were just vastly superior to his, and I'm not just talking about physical appearance (though I do think Bogart was simply too old for this role).