Ferris Bueller

Slapfish, a California Seafood Chain in One Loudoun, and Coming to Other Areas

Multi-unit deal brings crave-worthy chef-inspired fast casual seafood dishes to the East Coast.

I believe the first location will be located at One Loudoun and opening in June.  Several locations planned for Reston, Ashburn, Fairfax, Tysons and Merrifield.

"Slapfish has quickly captured the hearts of seafood lovers with their impressive celebrity chef-driven fine dining menu at fast casual prices."

Please spare us....we already have Bonefish.

Some names are not very inviting...like "slap" and "fish". Only stinky could be a worse modifier.

• Like 2

Oh well if its a reference to MP then it's clever.

(this is the namer of slapfish)
I suppose you think it's pretty weird, don't you Mike? Well, you'd be right. 'Cause THAT'S the kind of guy I am, right? WEIRD. Which is why I go over people's heads. A bit like an aeroplane! You think I'm an aeroplane, don't you, Mike? Well, I'm not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, NolaCaine said:

Oh well if its a reference to MP then it's clever.

(this is the namer of slapfish)
I suppose you think it's pretty weird, don't you Mike? Well, you'd be right. 'Cause THAT'S the kind of guy I am, right? WEIRD. Which is why I go over people's heads. A bit like an aeroplane! You think I'm an aeroplane, don't you, Mike? Well, I'm not.

In this case, yes, you're much like an aeroplane. You've gone way over my head. I'm not sure I'm following you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

"Slapfish has quickly captured the hearts of seafood lovers with their impressive celebrity chef-driven fine dining menu at fast casual prices."

Please spare us....we already have Bonefish.

A bonefish actually is a fish. I agree the name Slapfish is off-putting. 

5 hours ago, Al Dente said:

In this case, yes, you're much like an aeroplane. You've gone way over my head. I'm not sure I'm following you.

That's just typical. Five minutes before the most important party of my life and the house is destroyed by a giant sandwich.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, NolaCaine said:

Some names are not very inviting...like "slap" and "fish". Only stinky could be a worse modifier.

There's a pretty good and very popular restaurant in Crockett, California, called, "The Dead Fish." I didn't go there for years because I found the name so unappealing.

A bored consumer regulator could mount a fantasy fraud case on their lunch break, if “sustainable” had any legitimate standards or merits and slapping it on your menu meant anything to fashionably conscientious consumers who really couldn’t care less.

I don't know what the crap “natural-cut fries” are, but I want some, and whatever inspired this insipid variety of deliciously fishy slapstick concept.  Totally stoked to see how many trout permutations there will be at the Idaho location.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2018 at 9:47 AM, NolaCaine said:

Ah, I guess you've never heard of the unfortunately named Stinky's Fish Camp, a well-regarded seafood restaurant in Walton County, a rather ritzy string of beach towns in the Florida Panhandle. 

I grew up near there and my mom still lives in nearby Seaside (the town where they filmed The Truman Show) and she says it's great, and definitely is one to trust when it comes to great food. 

Kind of what I was thinking about, since Fords now has 3 locations.  This One Loudoun Location is right between two of the Ford's locations in Ashburn.  

Looking at their menu, it seems this place is more "fast froo froo casual" than a formal restaurant like Ford's.

I'm not sure how you could go wrong with menu descriptions like "awesome sauce" and "jersey sauce" - somewhere Guy Fieri is smiling.

Having said that, I hope this place is decent.  A few recent bad experiences at the Bonefish in Ashburn and not loving Ford's these days, another option would be nice.

2 hours ago, mtureck said:

Getting one in Dupont Circle as well, in the old Capriotti's space. 

and I can't wait to try it. After mocking the name, somehow, I happened on the menu. As trite as some of the language may be, I want to try most of it.  But then again, I generally like sea stuff. Not stinky, but am now okay with slapped.

Anybody remember Wahoo Fish Taco in California? Very Yum.

• Like 1

"crave-worthy chef-inspired fast casual seafood dishes"

My eyes bled just reading that nonsense. All those buzzwords reminded me of the initial Punk's Backyard BBQ menu. Ugh...

• Haha 2

I do get it Keith but this area of DC (s. DuPont, n. Farragut) lacks seafood unless M&S works but that too is a chain and not fast. close to fast, but not fast. If I am wrong on this point, tell me. I need a lunch location for tomorrow.

Honestly, I would walk up to Pesce and hope that it's fast enough. In my experience, it's pretty fast, but not carry-out fast. Personally also not sure if carry-out fast seafood is a good thing. Probably including sushi, but that would be my exception.

The menu looks decent.  Of course the online menu doesn't have prices and I don't know whether the food taste good.  So if the food's cheaper than sit-down restaurants and tastes good, and there's a location nearby, I'd probably eat it.  E.g., I'd try their street tacos and sauteed veggies. 

13 minutes ago, Ericandblueboy said:

The menu looks decent.  Of course the online menu doesn't have prices and I don't know whether the food taste good.  So if the food's cheaper than sit-down restaurants and tastes good, and there's a location nearby, I'd probably eat it.  E.g., I'd try their street tacos and sauteed veggies. 

My thoughts exactly. 

Really hope they have good fish and chips...not easy to find around here.