Lucky Buns - Chef Alex McCoy at 18th and Vernon Street in Adams Morgan

2 hours ago, jeffmhunt said:

Surprised to see no discussion about this place beyond a final post in the old L'Enfant Cafe thread. Hoping to check it out this weekend and wondering if anyone has recommendations.

Write-ups in Washingtonian, Eater, City Paper, and the Post all skew very positive.

It's all good.  Now very crowded.  And the "double" burgers are enormous, so plan accordingly.

• Like 1

Ate here last week with a couple friends. I had the bogan bun. Also tried a bite of the hot tiger bun. Everyone agreed they were good, but not amazing. We also tried the spice bag at the suggestion of our waiter. Also good, but messy and the fries weren't quite crispy enough (a cardinal sin according to my wife).

Service, however, was excellent. Small, but good, selection of happy hour drinks. I'd go again if I was in the neighborhood and wanted a burger, but wouldn't make a special trip for it from where we are in VA.

• Like 1

Stopped by for a late lunch yesterday, now that they’re open weekend days with a slightly modified menu.  The place was packed and the kitchen and staff had trouble keeping up and getting orders right. They offered a discount for the delay without me saying anything, and I’m sure in time they’ll figure out their logistics when slammed.

The products were again quite good, probably best burger in Adams Morgan, though there are plenty of decent competitors.

• Like 1

Former coal lobbyist, clean air champion and acting EPA chief Andrew Wheeler is an investor in "eco-friendly" Lucky Buns, which is curious since commodity feedlot beef (and the heavily subsidized, heavy pesticide feed) is not really beneficial to any physical or social environment (particularly the animals and the poor bastards that work in factory slaughterhouses).  He's hopefully invested in Lipitor too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2