Continental, Dive Bar with Everything under $7 - 25 3rd Avenue at St. Marks Place, Lower East Side - Closing Jun 30, 2018

On 12/19/2014 at 1:28 PM, LauraB said:

Bar Americain was literally one or two blocks from our hotel and, while I had reservations about eating at a TV-star's restaurant, we went.  It turned out to be great!

That kind of talk can get you thrown out of certain bars in Manhattan.  East Village Bar Bans Customers Who Say ‘Literally’ by Clint Rainey, January 24, 2018, on grubstreet.com.

2 hours ago, dcs said:

That kind of talk can get you thrown out of certain bars in Manhattan.  East Village Bar Bans Customers Who Say ‘Literally’ by Clint Rainey, January 24, 2018, on grubstreet.com.

This sign is mildly amusing; I'm sure dcs knows that Laura used "literally" correctly in this instance [just looking out for our members!]

(Now, would someone tell me if I'm supposed to put a period after that parenthetical (or bracketed) phrase, given that it has an exclamation point inside the brackets?), and is part of a larger sentence that isn't?

More troubling is this notice on their website:

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 11.29.17 AM.png

PS - I can see this scenario now:

Customer: "I heard you throw out customers who use the word "literally" - good for y ....
Bouncer: "Out you go, motherf ....!"