I  may have the opportunity to write an collection of places not to be missed in Philly. With the wealth of the posters in this forum, I am asking for a little help. Please chime in where  I should visit, and places that are not to be missed. The spots can range from where to eat, where to dine, where the best public bathroom is , think unusual, think funky, think like a local. Please and thank you for all your suggestions. Once I am chosen to write this book, I will personally throw a party and invite everyone to celebrate my very first publication. This is our opportunity to go public. It is with the support of everyone that I have met along the way, including a few of you in this forum, that  will  encourage me to crush this challenge. I plan on KILLIN' It.

1st time,

kat

I would start by asking Stephen Starr, Michael Solomonov (vegetarian, Israeli), Mark Vetri (Italian pizza. but *watch for this*), and José Garces - write them ... you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Yes, they'll give you self-serving answers (or, their PR reps will give you self-serving answers), but your job here is to use your noodle, and it's a start.

And don't forget John's Roast Pork, but in truth, I'm not a big fan of using tongs to pull the roast pork out of a vat of liquid, which I've seen them do.

Also, Penn's Landing as a tourist destination, and Reading Terminal Market as a place to wander, shop, and nibble.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

I would start by asking Stephen Starr, Michael Solomonov, Mark Vetri, and José Garces - write them ... you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Yes, they'll give you self-serving answers (or, their PR reps will give you self-serving answers), but your job here is to use your noodle, and it's a start.

And don't forget John's Roast Pork, but in truth, I'm not a big fan of using tongs to pull the roast pork out of a vat of liquid, which I've seen them do.

Its on my weekend to do list. I have personally met Marc Vetri -  he’s a genuine guy. I will reach out to the others through their websites. The research is going to be fun on this assignment. 

8 minutes ago, kitkatpaddywak said:

Its on my weekend to do list. I have personally met Marc Vetri -  he’s a genuine guy. I will reach out to the others through their websites. The research is going to be fun on this assignment. 

Is this just food-related? Or is it everything? If the latter, you should make food perhaps 25-35% (just a guesstimate). Listen, after about a week, I might move this to "News and Media," (or "Visiting Philadelphia?") but I'll keep it here for awhile because we all want to help you.

I've been to Philadelphia enough times where I could stuff you with information.

• Like 1

Wow. I just had chills run down my spine reading the edited caption to this  topic. This has a very REAL potential of happening. My strength is finding spots that others would otherwise miss. This applies to food spots, or just awesome places in general. Where I could really  use  help with are compiling historical places & background. I know there are quite of you history buffs out there, so please point me in the right direction. I already know the line I will be writting on the inside flap for who I will thank. This is happening, people. I have never been so determined about landing a gig. Everything I have been doing has led up this amazing opportunity, and I will focus on making this OUR best endeavor yet!!! 

Beyond grateful,

kat

It is happening. We'll the process has begun. There is a extensive approval panel I must be reviewed by, so I am not completely out of the woods, yet.   I have my first deadline,  Feb 9th, to submit 2 chapters. I am excited, and nervous at the same time. Time to buckle down, and start writing.  If there are any noteworthy places to dine, please chime in. This guide will be a little bit of everything,  and dining being a small part of it.  I am heading to Philly this weekend to hit up a couple spots, so if you have recommendations, please let me know. Deadline. Wow, I thought I would never say those words. Don't ever quit your day dream folks.