Foxes Music - Sheet Music Emporium on 416 S. Washington Street in Downtown Falls Church, Open Since 1953

On 3/12/2014 at 10:49 AM, DonRocks said:

ETA - And so it goes: Goodbye, Dale Music.

With the closure 3.5-years ago of Dale Music, classical musicians in the DMV are left with one obvious choice: Foxes Music in Downtown Falls Church. For me, it was always an easy choice: I grew up and lived in Maryland for the first part of my life, and always went to Dale Music in Silver Spring. Since I moved to Virginia over 25-years ago, I've gone to Foxes Music - they have been virtually interchangeable for me in terms of sheet music, and when Matt switched from piano to clarinet, he always got his reeds at Foxes. I can really only vouch for their sheet music selection, but I don't think I've ever needed something that they don't have in stock; if they don't, they'll be able to order it to arrive in about a week.

Their selection of sheet music is terrific, and I've never gone to another music store in the area, other than Dale or Foxes. I miss Dale, and because of the internet, I admit that I fear for the long-term survival of Foxes as well.

Don Rockwell

• Like 1