giant shrimp

A Rake's Progress - Co-Owners Spike Gjerde and Corey Polyoka at The Line Hotel in North Adams Morgan

12 hours ago, Ericandblueboy said:

Sthitch and I checked out the Line tonight. 

The menu was sealed in wax!  And the bread was already buttered and salted! (too salty actually)

The greens however, were overly salted.  Inedibly salty and tougher than your rocket launcher carrying babushka.

Salt.  Way too much salt.

I also had a Racky (their version of a Ricky) which was quite disappointing.  The drink suffered from an absence of acid* and was overwhelmed by the taste of elder flowers.

*Because they only use local ingredients they have shunned the use of citrus, a concept I could appreciate if the wine list were not made up primarily of bottles from Europe. 

• Like 3

On 5/12/2018 at 9:34 AM, Sthitch said:

I also had a Racky (their version of a Ricky) which was quite disappointing.  The drink suffered from an absence of acid* and was overwhelmed by the taste of elder flowers.

*Because they only use local ingredients they have shunned the use of citrus, a concept I could appreciate if the wine list were not made up primarily of bottles from Europe. 

We went to the bar here last night and found it utterly bizarre. As suggested above, the insistence on local is non-uniform and therefore arbitrary: "yuzu oil" in one thing, but no tequila because it's not locally sourced. Could not find a drink that did not sound, from menu description, over-complex and over-sweet. Sorghum is a clever notion; but a whisky cocktail with sorghum etc etc would have been awesome if poured over hot oatmeal but otherwise blech. The building is cool, though, and everyone was nice! Order liquor neat and enjoy the experience.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I'm a bit late to the party, but it is always nice to read a thread that expands your vocabulary. I now know the word twee.