Good Burger In or Near Columbia?

dracisk

Can anyone recommend a place for a good burger in or near Columbia tonight? I'd prefer someplace with waiter service. My husband vetoed Victoria Gastro Pub because he doesn't want to drink beer today and he knows he'll be tempted there. We'll be with my almost 4-year-old and my father-in-law who has dementia, so we're looking for somewhere casual.

Thanks in advance!

On 2/24/2018 at 12:21 PM, dracisk said:

Can anyone recommend a place for a good burger in or near Columbia tonight? I'd prefer someplace with waiter service. My husband vetoed Victoria Gastro Pub because he doesn't want to drink beer today and he knows he'll be tempted there. We'll be with my almost 4-year-old and my father-in-law who has dementia, so we're looking for somewhere casual.

Thanks in advance!

Did you manage to find one? and if so where did you go? I personally have no aversion of going somewhere where alcohol is served, but its always a nice alternative to dine somewhere where there is no bar. Interested in to know where you went, and if the food was good.

Curious diner,

kat

Funny, I realized after reading your response that I wasn't clear in my original post. For some reason my husband didn't want beer that night, but we both wanted a place with a bar. I had wine and my husband had a margarita IIRC.

We ended up at a place I'd never heard of before: River Hill Grill in Clarksville. It was nothing special but just what we were looking for that night. They had a bunch of different burger options (various toppings). It was casual and not too crowded, so my 4-year-old and eccentric father-in-law fit in fine. :-)

31 minutes ago, dracisk said:

Yes, we've been to that Clyde's a few times. That was our fallback in case we couldn't find something else to try.

I like to support small business as much as I can, but in a pinch Clydes always delivers. Not groundbreaking, just decent food. And the service is always good, for me anyway. 

Clyde's and other not groundbreaking just decent places are often good options for when I'm with my mostly unadventurous husband, my eccentric father-in-law, and my 4-year-old. :-) In fact, I'd classify the place we ended up, River Hill Grill, as not groundbreaking just decent.