The Espositos - Down-to-earth Italian eats such as pasta, pizza & meat dishes in Fairfax

Was able to grab a quick lunch today based on a friend's recommendation.  The Espositos is located adjacent to the entrance to Fairfax HS, directly across the street from PJ Skidoos.  If you are looking for a very casual approach to fresh Italian food, try it.  The owner welcomed me to their restaurant when I arrived and and took a moment to thank me when I left. 

The server was great and recommended the Chicken Francaise, I got a side of spaghetti with meat sauce so I could try their fresh pasta.  The chicken (2 thin breasts) was extremely flavorful, as was the sauce.  The side pasta with meat sauce was good by itself.  She offered me their house, spicy (but not too much), olive oil with a basket of fresh bread - also another nice complimentary touch.

Atmosphere is nothing special, as I mentioned before, it is very casual.  The people were nice, food was excellent and I will be back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Was able to grab a quick lunch today based on a friend's recommendation.  The Espositos is located adjacent to the entrance to Fairfax HS, directly across the street from PJ Skidoos.  If you are looking for a very casual approach to fresh Italian food, try it.  The owner welcomed me to their restaurant when I arrived and and took a moment to thank me when I left. 

The server was great and recommended the Chicken Francaise, I got a side of spaghetti with meat sauce so I could try their fresh pasta.  The chicken (2 thin breasts) was extremely flavorful, as was the sauce.  The side pasta with meat sauce was good by itself.  She offered me their house, spicy (but not too much), olive oil with a basket of fresh bread - also another nice complimentary touch.

Atmosphere is nothing special, as I mentioned before, it is very casual.  The people were nice, food was excellent and I will be back.

Haven't been to the Espositos in years, but glad to hear it's alive and well. Reminds me of so many of the little Italian joints we used to go to on Sunday nights in RI.

On 3/5/2018 at 2:42 PM, Ferris Bueller said:

The people were nice, food was excellent and I will be back.

Thank you for sharing this. I crave Italian food every now and again. Hard for me to find a place I have enjoyed since compare everywhere to my childhood memories of my parents Italian restaurants some many moons ago...

On 3/5/2018 at 3:56 PM, Bob Wells said:

Haven't been to the Espositos in years, but glad to hear it's alive and well. Reminds me of so many of the little Italian joints we used to go to on Sunday nights in RI.

Ooh, will have to go there with my husband. He misses casual little Italian joints in RI and MA.

• Like 1