Florence and the Machine

Pool Boy

My wife somehow found out about Florence and the Machine. I am a fan of their inaugural album, and, t a lesser extent, the ones that came after. This is one tidbit that is representative f this album, but there is so.much.there. I encourage you to have a listen or twenty before you make up your mind.

I caught a bit of a live performance when surfing channels the other night, and compared to the first time I saw them, I thought they were more formidable sounding than I had previously given them credit for. But I'm not familiar with their material and that was just a narrow sample. 

21 hours ago, MsDiPesto said:

I caught a bit of a live performance when surfing channels the other night, and compared to the first time I saw them, I thought they were more formidable sounding than I had previously given them credit for. But I'm not familiar with their material and that was just a narrow sample. 

My general modus operandi for bands new to me is to not establish my perspective and opinion until I have given that band a thorough listening to. By thorough I mean 20 plays of whatever song or more likely album that I am currently paying attention to. At least ten full plays, ideally under differeing playback methods (car, headphones, ambiant while surfing, etc).

While I can say that I am impressed with this band, not all of their material is appealing to me (the more recent stuff, but I am not adhering to my own method here because a lot of their more recent stuff has not been given an adequate listening to). Still there is a lot of meat and potatoes presented t me here in a new and interesting way for me to give the newermaterial a full solid listening to. You never know when your next music interest is going to appear from ad that is what drives me to keep on listening.