DonRocks

On 3/16/2018 at 11:55 PM, DonRocks said:

Mar 16, 2018 Tweet - Merrick Garland

Don:  it turns out that was a fake twitter account and has been removed.  Too bad as it was a very appropriate comment in light of all the bs crap that comes out of this administration and the endless nonsensical blame on everyone via Trump.

I’m sure there are saved screenshots of the tweet, I just couldn’t find one with a 5 minute search, but it was an appropriate perspective.

35 minutes ago, DaveO said:

Don:  it turns out that was a fake twitter account and has been removed.  Too bad as it was a very appropriate comment in light of all the bs crap that comes out of this administration and the endless nonsensical blame on everyone via Trump.

I’m sure there are saved screenshots of the tweet, I just couldn’t find one with a 5 minute search, but it was an appropriate perspective.

Ah, in that case, I've been had - I'll remove these posts in a few days since I misled people (but I was misled myself).

There are an enormous number of fake twitter and social media accounts. It’s easy to be had.  I had also seen that piece and thought it real. 

Damn:  the tweet and thought were entirely appropriate for this time and era.  Too bad it didn’t actually come from the real Merrick Garland.  It’s worthwhile finding and copying if only for recording the way our world works these days including the production of fake social media

26 minutes ago, Ericandblueboy said:

Who's stealing your identity?  

I don't know - I wrote Twitter about it many years ago, and their (laconic) response was, "Unless it's harming you personally, there's nothing that we will do." I wrote back and said that it *was* harming me personally, but never heard back from them - I do wish it would go away, but I guess it's just a harmless prank by some irate ex-member. (If you click on that account's "Following" link, you'll see it was designed to mislead people). Nowadays, I find it more amusing than anything else (there's some other parody account of me with someone in a Star Trek-looking uniform who actually *does* look like me, but I can't remember the name - something like Don Bitwell ... there's even this, but I can't remember if that's actually me or not - I don't think I was on Twitter in 2008).

You should read @NoWayJoseAndres - the person is actually very funny.