Cambridge Analytica and the 2016 United States Elections

Ericandblueboy

On 3/22/2018 at 8:06 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

So it seems that "drain the swamp" and "build the wall" aren't Trump's ideas at all.  Did Cambridge Analytica find huge support for those ideas before Trump became a candidate and then told Trump to run on those ideas?  How do the Russians fit in?

Politics are not my strong suit, and I  tread lightly when speaking political, but it is my opinion from day one that Trump has served as a puppet for the GOP.  Hillary did not have a chance of winning if the GOP had anything to do with it, and they got exactly what they wanted. Someone that appeared to be unsophisticated beyond reproach, and presented to be the perfect subject to be manipulated. Much like during the Bush 2.0 years, Cheney was "seen" as the ruling President, and Bush just served as a figure head, this same metaphor can be applied to the current administration.  The ideas that are coming out of the Oval office are so outrageous, and outright flippant for the America and its citizens. Everyday I fear what looms around the corner from someone who is so tyrannical in his ways, and continually has such absurd discourse for what he presents as "Making America Great Again." 

Concerned,

kat