dcs

The Gin and Tonic Project - A Compendium of Its History, Variations, and Locales

1 hour ago, DaveO said:

How did this very traditional, non special, not spruced up, good but not stupendous gin, stand up against the versions you have been trying recently?  Inquiring mind(s) would like to know?

It drinks much like it reads, affected somewhat in ways that cannot possibly be explained by the ambiance of the location in which it was imbibed.  It paired well with the Yankees / Mets game (July 21) on the TV at the bar that the Yankeees won 7 - 6 after the Mets' 3 run rally in the top of the 9th came up short.  It tasted just like that.

This is sort of my “walk of shame” in this thread. Here goes. 

Freezer cold Tanqueray with diet CHEK brand tonic water (Winn Dixie brand) and a big piece of lime. Ice maker (crescents of) ice in a French jelly jar. View of the ocean. Perfect. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcandohio said:

This is sort of my “walk of shame” in this thread. Here goes. 

Freezer cold Tanqueray with diet CHEK brand tonic water (Winn Dixie brand) and a big piece of lime. Ice maker (crescents of) ice in a French jelly jar. View of the ocean. Perfect. 

I have made tons of G&T’s in this manner often for barbecue’s and at pool parties.  The bigger the group the likelier the “glassware” were large plastic cups and for large groups the ice might have come from a 5’ bag from the market or 7-11.  

My old summer beach house was too many blocks from the beach and did not provide ocean views. C’est la vie.

Well appreciated by large groups or intimate gatherings.  No walk of shame imho 

• Like 2

Otium - $11.  Plymouth gin.  Gin poured first. Then ice. Then fever Tree tonic. Lime.  Met (briefly) Jordan Wolfson whose (Female figure) is on view at The Broad. Brush with celebrity L.A. style.  The exhibit is recommended. We saw folks without reserved tickets ( these tickets are separate from museum admission tickets, although both are free) getting in on standby, so give it a shot.

---

Eat My Globe: Things You Didn't Know You Didn't Know about Food (reedm)

On 7/25/2018 at 9:40 PM, Pool Boy said:

My wife got the bark in pieces and not powdered, but we'll be careful - thanks for the tip!

We're going to try our homemade tonic again this weekend. I wonder if it has evolved in he refrigerator over the last couple of months. It's unusual and quite interesting.

• Like 1