leleboo

What Are Your Kids Eating Tonight?

On 8/13/2019 at 3:11 PM, NolaCaine said:

My kids are over summer. And get this, they have been describing to me what types of lunches they want...so win to me for making good lunches and ...loose to me for same.

In other news, my kids have eaten all these cheese and cheese products in the entirety of the world this summer. And cucumbers and tomatoes. That's it.

Oh, yours are the ones sharing that honor with mine! I keep warning them how disappointed they're going to be when it isn't tomato season any more. They don't believe me. Mwahahaha, their loss.

With back-to-school this week and hubby out of the country, we've been eating a lot of couch picnics consisting of random leftovers. Phoning it in, to the max.

• Like 1

When you promised your kids pasta but all you have prepared is vodka sauce ... well, eat hearty, kids! #thealcoholcooksoffright #dontcallCPS

• Haha 2

My 4.5yo is in a phase of critiquing everything (even if she goes on to eat it). Tonight, it was that there are "stripes" (ridges) on the pasta. I'm thinking back to when my French family served me  rognons (kidneys) without (a) me knowing what a rognon was or (b) offering an alternative. Granted, I was older, but still ... lord wine me strength to deal with preschoolerhood again.

All of you who post here... a heartfelt thank you. I have never had kids but I LOVE reading these posts to see how clever you all are. Oh, and funny too. 

• Like 2

Recently, I was making homemade chicken tenders, and the kids bemoaned the fact that there weren't any dino-shaped chicken nuggets (although they consumed the homemade breaded chicken with alacrity). Tonight, I announced that, for fun, I had purchased and would be preparing the aforementioned dino nuggets -- thanks Wegmans -- to much bemoaning of "but I don't waaaaaaant that!"

Parenthood: for anyone who wants to be wrong ALL THE DAMN TIME.

(Of course they ate the dino nuggets. Who wouldn't?)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, leleboo said:

(Of course they ate the dino nuggets. Who wouldn't?)

I have to resist buying those Wegman's family pack size of chicken nuggets, just too tempting to warm up an entire plate in the microwave and munch them all!