UEFA Champions League, 2018-2019 Season

Ericandblueboy

Unless the Spurs do something Spursy and give away their 9 goal differential on Sunday.

Given that we didn't have a stadium for more than half the season, barely had Kane for half the season, and didn't touch the last 2 transfer windows, I'm pretty satisfied with CL next season and CL semis this season. As banged up as we are, and without Kane, I don't see us getting through Ajax tomorrow, though I'll be over the moon if we do.

It was sad to see Liverpool's players run circles around the Barca players.  Liverpool didn't have more technical players but they have much more athletic players.  It's embarrassing for Barca to give up a 3 goal lead 2 years in a row in the Champions League.  As for strategy, Barca should've played more defensively and try to hit on counters.  A 4-4-2 formation with a stronger mid-field would've been better than 4-3-3 with Vidal and Coutinho on the pitch.  Now I'm going to shred my betting slip on Barca winning the Champions League.

Good luck Spurs/Ajax!

ETA:  Has anyone heard an explanation of the Liverpool corner that caught Barca by surprise?  Right before the corner was taken, there's a second ball that was being rolled off the field.   Here's an explanation.

DC Spurs normally watches matches at the Irish Channel. Knowing how packed it will be tomorrow, the MoCo annex will be at Caddies in Bethesda. If anyone wants to join us to watch the final tomorrow, drop me a line or just show up!