Frankies Spuntino, Brooklyn-Based Italian Mini-Empire To Reconcept and Reopen Its Locations

Frankie's Spuntino, 17 Clinton Street on the Lower East Side. review. website and menu. [Closed Mar 21, 2009, Reopened as Francesca Mar 23, 2009, Closed Sep, 2012]

Frankie's has a small coffee place [Cafe Pedlar, Closed with Francesca] next door with good coffee and breakfast dishes made in the restaurant kitchen. I went there on a Sunday morning, after the line proved too daunting at the pancake/waffle place on Clinton just South of Houston.

On 3/16/2011 at 1:34 PM, zoramargolis said:

Frankie's Spuntino, 17 Clinton Street on the Lower East Side. review. website and menu.

Frankie's has a small coffee place [Cafe Pedlar] next door with good coffee and breakfast dishes made in the restaurant kitchen. I went there on a Sunday morning, after the line proved too daunting at the pancake/waffle place on Clinton just South of Houston.

‘The Franks’ Will Rework Their Brooklyn Restaurant Empire, by Tejal Rao, September 18, 2018, on nytimes.com.

23 hours ago, dcs said:

‘The Franks’ Will Rework Their Brooklyn Restaurant Empire, by Tejal Rao, September 18, 2018, on nytimes.com.

[If anyone can figure out the final arrangement of restaurants, I'd appreciate being pinged in the future - right now, it's very difficult to get a grasp on what this restaurant group is doing (for our purposes, that is). This could easily end up having multiple threads, or not.]

I can only speak to the Brooklyn locations, where I believe that the plan is to close their Prime Meats restaurant next door to the original Frankie’s and expand Frankie’s into one side of the space (where the bulk of seats are) & create a wine bar on the other side, where the current bar for the meat place is.  Additionally, they plan to open a pizza place several blocks down, where the Brooklyn Cafe Pedlar was (closed about 8 months ago), next door to a beer bar called Congress.  In my opinion, all good ideas.

• Thanks 1