Jump to content
curiouskitkatt

Yume Sushi Plans to Open in East Falls Church - Chef Saran Kanasute Comes from Alexandria's "The Sushi Bar"

Recommended Posts

Is this place pronounced like yum-me?

And what's this on their menu?

Quote

The Winner*
Winner of the 2006 morikami award. a tower of foie gras, unagi, tuna rose and caviar served with garlic ponzu and carpaccio sauce
$15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ericandblueboy said:

Is this place pronounced like yum-me?

Perhaps, but for some reason when I first caught the headline, I pronounced it as you-me.  I looked it up , and the yume in Japanese means "dream". But your take on it could me a playful take on how they hope their guests perceive the food. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ericandblueboy said:

Is this place pronounced like yum-me?

And what's this on their menu?

I got the lead after I got a notification that their Instagram account started following me. I naturally reached out to them to see if they were interested in having a "chat" about the opening. They responded and I will be setting something up next week. So please list any questions you may want answered, and I will do my best to get as much information as possible for our members. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ericandblueboy said:

Is this place pronounced like yum-me?

And what's this on their menu?

Japanese vowel sounds are (forgive the transliterations) Ka-Kee-Ku-Kay-Ko, so this is probably pronounced "You May" (with a clipped ending on the vowels).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, curiouskitkatt said:

I got the lead after I got a notification that their Instagram account started following me. I naturally reached out to them to see if they were interested in having a "chat" about the opening. They responded and I will be setting something up next week. So please list any questions you may want answered, and I will do my best to get as much information as possible for our members. 

When can I do the omakase, I suppose is the first question. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMatt said:

When can I do the omakase, I suppose is the first question. :)

I will be certain to ask when opening date will be for sure!! 

What I do know so far is... 

Yume responds: 

Chef Peters idea is the open up sushi lovers pallets to new things.

We specialize in a sushi bar that seats over 20 people and we do two Omakase seatings each evening by reservation.  Each seating will only have 10 seats available.

The images on our instagram page are from various pop ups we have had while under construction.   They are all from his Omakase menu which changes every night.

Samples of omakase Chef Peter has created at several pop ups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheMatt said:

When can I do the omakase, I suppose is the first question. :)

Yume is wrapping up ABC approval and pending inspections. There is no set date announced yet. Once a date is announced , a soft opening will take place for a couple weeks, prior to a Grand opening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×