Harmony can be found in Middletown, Pa.  This spot was recommended highly by someone I met at a folklore fair. We instantly bonded over our love of food. Stepping into this space in the sleepy town of Middletown surprised me in the best possible way. It by far is the best Chinese food I have had to date. Visit with an open mind and hungry stomach. No where on the menu will you find General Tso's or egg drop soup. This is Chinese provincial cuisine. You will be feasting on a taste of X'ian. 

I have been a few times, but always on my own. My next visit I hope to bring a group cause food always taste better when shared. Howard Dong, the proprietor shares his love for food, and makes you feel right at home once you enter. When I first met Howard, he warmly welcomed me as if he had known me for years. He enthusiastically describe each dish on the menu with historical detail without sounding like he was citing a book report or listing ingredients. If you happen to find yourself within 50 miles of the Harrisburg region, I highly recommend you visit.

house special salad

Meet Howard

Pork Belly

Jasmine Tea panna cotta

• Like 1

11 hours ago, curiouskitkatt said:

Harmony can be found in Middletown, Pa.  This spot was recommended highly by someone I met at a folklore fair. We instantly bonded over our love of food. Stepping into this space in the sleepy town of Middletown surprised me in the best possible way. It by far is the best Chinese food I have had to date. Visit with an open mind and hungry stomach. No where on the menu will you find General Tso's or egg drop soup. This is Chinese provincial cuisine. You will be feasting on a taste of X'ian. 

I have been a few times, but always on my own. My next visit I hope to bring a group cause food always taste better when shared. Howard Dong, the proprietor shares his love for food, and makes you feel right at home once you enter. When I first met Howard, he warmly welcomed me as if he had known me for years. He enthusiastically describe each dish on the menu with historical detail without sounding like he was citing a book report or listing ingredients. If you happen to find yourself within 50 miles of the Harrisburg region, I highly recommend you visit.

house special salad

Meet Howard

Pork Belly

Jasmine Tea panna cotta

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2018 at 10:53 AM, curiouskitkatt said:

house special salad

Meet Howard

Pork Belly

Jasmine Tea panna cotta

He Express opens in Harrisburg with authentic Chinese food, self-ordering and a robot, pennlive.com 

On 1/19/2019 at 12:52 AM, curiouskitkatt said:

Add Koda to places that you must not miss while in Harrisburg. 

This was visit #2 , and I see this place entering my regular rotation. 

Mid State,

kat

sad to report that Koda has closed.

I really enjoyed the food here, as well as the seating at the bar where I was able to view a show that consisted of watching the cooks prepare the meals.

On 10/25/2018 at 10:53 AM, curiouskitkatt said:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, deangold said:

Wow that really looks great! Too bad it is so out of my orbit. 

This spot would be extraordinary in the DMV! I am so lucky its in my neighborhood 

The eggplant & potato dish blew my mind. It kinda reminded me of a salt & pepper shrimp, but so much better. 

7 hours ago, curiouskitkatt said:

This spot would be extraordinary in the DMV! I am so lucky its in my neighborhood 

The eggplant & potato dish blew my mind. It kinda reminded me of a salt & pepper shrimp, but so much better. 

Here is what intrigued me:

Meat Pearl Balls

Chinese Celtus & Muer

Shanghai Cabbage w.House Made Gluten

Sticky Rice Rib

Pork fillet with hot chile oil

Crispy sparerib with spicy salt

Red three chops {just because I have no idea what it is}

Pickled cowpea w/minced pork

Triple cooked pork

I'm hungry now!

• Like 1

Know what I miss about being in DC with his group around? Insider info about WHEN something might open. There’s a pizza and wine bar going in on the Pike near me and I neeeeeeeed to knoooooooow when it’s going to open! (Offshoot of an H’burg spot, for any locals reading: Bacco is opening a west shore outpost.) Ugh, the waiting is terrible.

4 hours ago, leleboo said:

Know what I miss about being in DC with his group around? Insider info about WHEN something might open. There’s a pizza and wine bar going in on the Pike near me and I neeeeeeeed to knoooooooow when it’s going to open! (Offshoot of an H’burg spot, for any locals reading: Bacco is opening a west shore outpost.) Ugh, the waiting is terrible.

We plan to stay in Harrisburg in June when we go to Hershey Park. Last year we stayed in a hotel near Allentown Road and Jonestown Road. We'll probably stay there again. Do keep us posted on this pizza and wine bar and anything else exciting you come across!

On 4/14/2022 at 10:15 PM, dracisk said:

We plan to stay in Harrisburg in June when we go to Hershey Park. Last year we stayed in a hotel near Allentown Road and Jonestown Road. We'll probably stay there again. Do keep us posted on this pizza and wine bar and anything else exciting you come across!

I highly recommend Millworks ! Its a super cute spot that serves brick oven pizzas, bbq & craft cocktails . there is a rooftop patio & the spot feature local artisans. If you love books, there is a quaint book store nearby , as well as a farmers market across the street from Millworks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1