Harmony can be found in Middletown, Pa.  This spot was recommended highly by someone I met at a folklore fair. We instantly bonded over our love of food. Stepping into this space in the sleepy town of Middletown surprised me in the best possible way. It by far is the best Chinese food I have had to date. Visit with an open mind and hungry stomach. No where on the menu will you find General Tso's or egg drop soup. This is Chinese provincial cuisine. You will be feasting on a taste of X'ian. 

I have been a few times, but always on my own. My next visit I hope to bring a group cause food always taste better when shared. Howard Dong, the proprietor shares his love for food, and makes you feel right at home once you enter. When I first met Howard, he warmly welcomed me as if he had known me for years. He enthusiastically describe each dish on the menu with historical detail without sounding like he was citing a book report or listing ingredients. If you happen to find yourself within 50 miles of the Harrisburg region, I highly recommend you visit.

house special salad

Meet Howard

Pork Belly

Jasmine Tea panna cotta

• Like 1

11 hours ago, curiouskitkatt said:

Harmony can be found in Middletown, Pa.  This spot was recommended highly by someone I met at a folklore fair. We instantly bonded over our love of food. Stepping into this space in the sleepy town of Middletown surprised me in the best possible way. It by far is the best Chinese food I have had to date. Visit with an open mind and hungry stomach. No where on the menu will you find General Tso's or egg drop soup. This is Chinese provincial cuisine. You will be feasting on a taste of X'ian. 

I have been a few times, but always on my own. My next visit I hope to bring a group cause food always taste better when shared. Howard Dong, the proprietor shares his love for food, and makes you feel right at home once you enter. When I first met Howard, he warmly welcomed me as if he had known me for years. He enthusiastically describe each dish on the menu with historical detail without sounding like he was citing a book report or listing ingredients. If you happen to find yourself within 50 miles of the Harrisburg region, I highly recommend you visit.

house special salad

Meet Howard

Pork Belly

Jasmine Tea panna cotta

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ALB said:

Thank you!

Happy to help! Ill be sure to post more often about places to visit in Harrisburg and the surrounding counties. There are some gems in that region.

• Like 1

If you find yourself traveling into Harrisburg on any given day, may I suggest starting here

This is the most comprehensive list of food and beverage events that I have found for the area.