Streatside Food Hall - Six Pan-Asian Vendors at Centre Ridge Marketplace, Centreville

Pardon the late notice but I spotted this forthcoming Asian food hall a few weeks back. Streat Side is claiming three slots (6343-6347) in the Center Ridge strip mall, setting up shop between the pending Coast Guard Exchange store and chain eatery Choong Man Chicken. The owners haven't responded to emails about their plans for the new venture, but their web page promises a 4,000-square foot space that sounds a lot like Annandale's Block: 6 food stalls, a dedicated bar, and a "lively and cozy space."

I've heard construction crews working their magic inside but can't tell if this newbie is going to pop before the new year.

There's no shortage of Korean, Thai, or Chinese-American take-out in the area. But nothing wrong with welcoming a worthwhile mash-up such as Balo Kitchen to the area.

SSc.jpg

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, WARojas said:

Pardon the late notice but I spotted this forthcoming Asian food hall a few weeks back. Streat Side is claiming three slots (6343-6347) in the Center Ridge strip mall, setting up shop between the pending Coast Guard Exchange store and chain eatery Choong Man Chicken. The owners haven't responded to emails about their plans for the new venture, but their web page promises a 4,000-square foot space that sounds a lot like Annandale's Block: 6 food stalls, a dedicated bar, and a "lively and cozy space."

Cookie, any idea about the weird spelling of "Streat Side"?

NoVa's latest food hall is 84% operational!

SSfh.jpg.da25c917362475d53b773fe96d003600.jpg

The manager/co-founder tells me a dedicated bar--which is slated to have 24 draft lines featuring local brews and Asian imports--is still a few weeks out.

All five food stalls, however, are doing their respective things.

The lineup includes:

* Coffee/boba tea stand (Two Sons)

* BYO salad/poke/acai bowl (Berry Green)

* Ice cream/bingsoo/sweets shop (The Zert)

* Ramen/soba/udon station (Noodle Road; seen above)

*Katsu central/fryatorium (Deep Kachu)

Haven't had a chance to taste everything but the melted cheese-filled, breaded pork katsu hit the spot; the stir-fried udon was packed with flavorful veggies; the cream-laced sweet corn side could pass as dessert; and the caramel-covered honey bread seems like a crowdpleaser.

Manager told me more menu options are coming, including curry katsu, a chicken-based katsu, more noodle offerings, and single-serving bingsoo.

Prices are perfectly reasonable (nothing over $11) and the atmosphere is family friendly--as long as you love K-Pop. (Hypnotic music videos danced across one of the TVs while I was there. The other was tuned to sports.)

Hours are from 11 am to 10 pm daily. Manager says bar may stay open later (based on demand).

Don't know that they'll poach customers from Annandale's The Block, but should satisfy locals looking to mix things up a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1