"People Who Love To Eat Are Always the Best People" - Katt Hull's Facebook Page

curiouskitkatt

People who love to Eat are always the Best people , Katt Hull 

In an effort to connect all the dots, I have included a link to a page I manage on FB. The interaction on that platform isn’t as nearly interactive as I would like, but rather a peak inside my adventures in food. 

I  chose to name the page after a quote that completely resonates with me. People who love to eat are always the best People. I knew from an early age , I was different from the rest. I watched cooking shows instead of cartoons. I sought out cookbooks in old bookstores and found a sense of home in those dusty pages. 

This is a piece of me. My food voice. Personal connections I have made will be shared here as well. For this reason, I enjoy rolling solo most of the time. I have always enjoy dining solo. I learn more about the places I go to in that way, and learned a lot about myself. I connect deeply with those who love food. 

I encourage anyone who has a blog, to post here, and post often. This is what makes this space so extraordinary. We all have a voice. This is the best place to share it. 

-kat

• Like 2

Holiday Traditions

Every holiday season kicks off with the making of egg rolls. My Mom’s recipe is by far my favorite. I would even say the best. For years, I have tried to get her to give me the recipe with no avail. I recall one time, I actually wrote the recipe under her direction, but the ratio of veggies to meat was off. I realize now that it was because her recipe yields no less than 12 dozen. A standard recipe, I would say produces 1 to 2 dozen, depending how much filling you add to each roll. 

The best part about helping my Mom prepare the eggrolls is listening to her reminisce about the past. Her memory is a sharp as a Hattori Hanzo sword, and I learn more about my Mom. Her preparation of all of the ingredients is intently prepared. No shortcuts, all hand chopped & mixed by hand. Nearly each roll appear uniform in size for ideal frying. End result, a crispy roll filled with goodness that will want you wanting to learn how to make them yourself. 

This is one of many traditions we have. What are some of yours around this time of year? 

hungry,

kat

9DEFE04B-FF7D-4359-A804-7AB3137A04F8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 9:42 PM, curiouskitkatt said:

People who love to Eat are always the Best people , Katt Hull 

In an effort to connect all the dots, I have included a link to a page I manage on FB. 

On this day, 12/25/18 , I’d like to ask the forum for their permission to try something.  Do I have your trust to share your posts to my facebook page? There are so many extraordinary posts, as well as threads on here, I just want to share it with everyone that passes my page. 

I will of course ask that it is okay, and will give full credit. You can let me know if you just want your handle disclosed, or you full name disclosed. I will add my lil’ spice to it in the caption, but will give full credit to whoever started the threat or posted the topic. 

Most of the content on my FB is original content by me, but the interactive sharing of all of the posters here on this forum, i hope draws new members as well as expand our presence on the interwebs. 

Please feel free to chime in on what your thoughts are. I respect everyone’s input. I view this forum as a dining cooperative/forum. There is no other forum that holds a candle to what we have, and it’s because of everyone’s input. 

Tryin’ sumthin’ different,

kat

3 hours ago, curiouskitkatt said:

On this day, 12/25/18 , I’d like to ask the forum for their permission to try something.  Do I have your trust to share your posts to my facebook page? There are so many extraordinary posts, as well as threads on here, I just want to share it with everyone that passes my page. 

I will of course ask that it is okay, and will give full credit. You can let me know if you just want your handle disclosed, or you full name disclosed. I will add my lil’ spice to it in the caption, but will give full credit to whoever started the threat or posted the topic. 

Most of the content on my FB is original content by me, but the interactive sharing of all of the posters here on this forum, i hope draws new members as well as expand our presence on the interwebs. 

Please feel free to chime in on what your thoughts are. I respect everyone’s input. I view this forum as a dining cooperative/forum. There is no other forum that holds a candle to what we have, and it’s because of everyone’s input. 

Tryin’ sumthin’ different,

kat

Kat, it's better if you simply link to people's posts here, instead of copying the actual writing (we can't do that, since the posts are the intellectual property of the author, and they've essentially granted us a single use of it by posting here). We're not allowed to make and distribute additional copies - not without explicit permission, and that will get to be a royal pain for you, having to ask every time you want to do this. (I promised people on Apr 15, 2005 that I wouldn't violate their trust, and I've kept that promise for 13 1/2 years.)

The easiest way for you to do this is to click on the Facebook icon (down on the bottom left of each page), or Twitter icon, etc. etc. A single click, a couple of sentences, and you're all set.

PS - If you want the address of a specific post, rather than of the entire thread, click on that little "less-than" icon at the top-right of this post (it will say "Share this post" if you hover your cursor over it) - that way, the link will go directly to the post you want, rather than the first post in the thread. Notice that when you click on it, those Facebook, Twitter, etc. icons are there also, so you can do everything in one operation. Actually, I've always wished people would do this more often - it would be a great way to get new readers, new members, etc. If you click on the icon, then on Twitter, for example, you can share the post in less than five seconds.

Thanks for caring enough to want to do this.

8 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Kat, it's better if you simply link to people's posts here, instead of copying the actual writing (we can't do that, since the posts are the intellectual property of the author, and they've essentially granted us a single use of it by posting here). We're not allowed to make and distribute additional copies - not without explicit permission, and that will get to be a royal pain for you, having to ask every time you want to do this. (I promised people on Apr 15, 2005 that I wouldn't violate their trust, and I've kept that promise for 13 1/2 years.)

The easiest way for you to do this is to click on the Facebook icon (down on the bottom left of each page), or Twitter icon, etc. etc. A single click, a couple of sentences, and you're all set.

PS - If you want the address of a specific post, rather than of the entire thread, click on that little "less-than" icon at the top-right of this post (it will say "Share this post" if you hover your cursor over it) - that way, the link will go directly to the post you want, rather than the first post in the thread. Notice that when you click on it, those Facebook, Twitter, etc. icons are there also, so you can do everything in one operation. Actually, I've always wished people would do this more often - it would be a great way to get new readers, new members, etc. If you click on the icon, then on Twitter, for example, you can share the post in less than five seconds.

Thanks for caring enough to want to do this.

Never ever, ever want to violate the trust of our members, or compromise the trust they have in your promise  to protect them. Just want to share our marvelous content. 

Ill follow your instruction in using the “Share” button to link it back to this forum. That way it will prompt new members to register, and want to chime in themselves. Im navigating this intricate forest that is Donrockwell.dotcom. This is the most active I have been ever, so I certainly will be prone to stumbling...

I have a hunch, that we are on the brink of a breakthrough of sorts,  @DonRocks

I just feel it in me toes.

I will be starting a feature on my blog titled, Who's Who Wednesday. In an effort to write features more on the reg, I thought Wednesdays of each week would be appropriate. I already have  an entire Rolodex of people I want to sit down with and learn about, but how does this tie into food and dining. Nearly everything ties into Food & Dining.  The subjects of my #WWW will span all industries, not just culinary. If any members of this forum would like to be the subject of my column, please DM me. Curiosity has led me here. My hope, and vision is that it lands us as a forum,  in Google News. I will give 200% of my effort to further our presence on on the media landscape, one post at a time. We will get there, eventually. 

• Like 1