Sign in to follow this  
curiouskitkatt

"People Who Love To Eat Are Always the Best People" - Katt Hull's Facebook Page

People who love to Eat are always the Best people , Katt Hull 

In an effort to connect all the dots, I have included a link to a page I manage on FB. The interaction on that platform isn’t as nearly interactive as I would like, but rather a peak inside my adventures in food. 

I  chose to name the page after a quote that completely resonates with me. People who love to eat are always the best People. I knew from an early age , I was different from the rest. I watched cooking shows instead of cartoons. I sought out cookbooks in old bookstores and found a sense of home in those dusty pages. 

This is a piece of me. My food voice. Personal connections I have made will be shared here as well. For this reason, I enjoy rolling solo most of the time. I have always enjoy dining solo. I learn more about the places I go to in that way, and learned a lot about myself. I connect deeply with those who love food. 

I encourage anyone who has a blog, to post here, and post often. This is what makes this space so extraordinary. We all have a voice. This is the best place to share it. 

-kat

• Like 2

Woodlea Bakery

Whenever I get in my car and venture out, I try to seek out spots that reflect a sense of place. Some type of food prepared that is disctintly representive of the region is often found in places that have not been distorted by time. This is that place.. 

Hon,

kat

Holiday Traditions

Every holiday season kicks off with the making of egg rolls. My Mom’s recipe is by far my favorite. I would even say the best. For years, I have tried to get her to give me the recipe with no avail. I recall one time, I actually wrote the recipe under her direction, but the ratio of veggies to meat was off. I realize now that it was because her recipe yields no less than 12 dozen. A standard recipe, I would say produces 1 to 2 dozen, depending how much filling you add to each roll. 

The best part about helping my Mom prepare the eggrolls is listening to her reminisce about the past. Her memory is a sharp as a Hattori Hanzo sword, and I learn more about my Mom. Her preparation of all of the ingredients is intently prepared. No shortcuts, all hand chopped & mixed by hand. Nearly each roll appear uniform in size for ideal frying. End result, a crispy roll filled with goodness that will want you wanting to learn how to make them yourself. 

This is one of many traditions we have. What are some of yours around this time of year? 

hungry,

kat

9DEFE04B-FF7D-4359-A804-7AB3137A04F8.jpeg

• Like 1