Jump to content
curiouskitkatt

A Taste of Urbanspace - Food Hall in Tysons Galleria Replacing Isabella Eatery

Recommended Posts

A Taste of Urbanspace is  off to soft start with 5 concepts ranging from pizza, to Southern style Biscuits, ice cream , Japanese comfort food, to Lao cuisine.  This is a starting point, with the plan to open more stalls. I have been actively following all stalls on the INSTA, and I can say I have rarely seen so much love and excitement for the opening of a food hall. Mclean holds a special place in my life on account it was the first place I arrived to back in 1976, when my parents made the maiden voyage to the US from Laos. I like the motley crew of different cuisines that are being offered , and look forward to visiting each one. 

Taste of Urbanspace Opens in Tysons Galleria, Replacing Isabella Eatery,  Vernon Miles ,  12-5-18 via tysonsreporter.com

mallrat,

kat

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, curiouskitkatt said:

A Taste of Urbanspace is  off to soft start with 5 concepts ranging from pizza, to Southern style Biscuits, ice cream , Japanese comfort food, to Lao cuisine.  This is a starting point, with the plan to open more stalls. I have been actively following all stalls on the INSTA, and I can say I have rarely seen so much love and excitement for the opening of a food hall. Mclean holds a special place in my life on account it was the first place I arrived to back in 1976, when my parents made the maiden voyage to the US from Laos. I like the motley crew of different cuisines that are being offered , and look forward to visiting each one. 

Taste of Urbanspace Opens in Tysons Galleria, Replacing Isabella Eatery,  Vernon Miles ,  12-5-18 via tysonsreporter.com

mallrat,

kat

Thanks -- next time I work at my firm's Tysons office I will make a point to go upstairs for my coffee instead of the usual Starbucks.  Today I'm downtown and got Cafe Chocolat instead of chain mud.😊 Some days I work Swing's into the rotation too. Looking forward to trying a new coffee spot.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Wishing everyone the best of luck, but could they have picked a worse name?

These are questions I will field when I speak to one of the principals behind the group that orchestrated this foodhall. 

Is there anything our members want to know about Urbanspace? Please post your questions here!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 2:36 PM, curiouskitkatt said:

I have received word that Lady M  will be opening in the Taste of Urbanspace Food Hall, tomorrow. It is times like this, I wish there was a bullet train directly into Tysons Galleria. 

The Lady M will be operating as a pop up now  through February 2019.  For the month of December they will be serving classic and seasonal cakes.  Mille Crepes in Signature, Green Tea, Coconut, and Marron.  With the icy cold weather in mind, they will also be bringing Chocolate Arc- en - Ceil, Gateau Fromage,  Mont Blanc, and the luscious Black Forest. Looks like I will be having one of each. Unsure yet if it will take place in all one visit, or spread over a few days. 

A piece of cake,

kat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 3:39 PM, DonRocks said:

Wishing everyone the best of luck, but could they have picked a worse name?

If you are anything like me, if one has a question, I want to be able to provide answers. So what is a naturally curious human to do?  I do what I do best, I dig in and do my homework.  I reached out directly to Steve Gaudio, founder of District Equities, to find out more about who & what was going to fill the 3rd floor of Tysons Galleria. The firm offers both landlord as well as tenant representation. Steve gave me a little bit of the background on Urbanspace. It happens to be a 33 year old company which has its roots in London operating public markets, as well as offices in New York. The CEO of Urbanspace, based  in NYC, has run food halls for several years with solid success . ( sorry, not sorry but Mimi Sheraton take on food halls is short sided). 

 The vacancy created by the loss of Isabella Eatery presented an immediate opportunity to Urbanspace , who was selected by the Landlord Brookfield based on their historical success of operating food halls. So the name isn’t representative of the space itself, but rather being a product of the company.  Being that I spent my early  adolescence growing up in Mclean, I personally thought the name of the foodhall was a peculiar fit. Mclean is the last place on the planet I would describe as being urban, but that’s about to change and I’m here for it.

Most of the stalls will reflect a plot of Best of the District, with  occasional pop-ups of proven concepts from outside the Beltway. ( Lady M crepes & cake

A Grand opening will be held later in January once finalization of liquor licenses  have  been completed. By all means do not wait until January to head over to the 3rd floor of Tysons Galleria, go now. Free High-speed Wifi is available so this means this space will serve as a perfect vessel for freelancers to  work while eating all the  things. From what I can tell by my lurking online, the space looks absolutely sumptuous , and will serve as great space to bring friends & family.

I plan on POPin’ in during the grand opening, and will have the opportunity to sit down with Steve and learn more about what District Equities has in store for the DMV! Stay tune...

curious kit kat reporting,

kat

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working at the Tysons office today and made it a point to venture up to Stomping Ground for a cuppa. It's a good cuppa and worth the detour from Starbucks. There were already people having lunch at 11:30 and the food looked good (as did the wares at Lady M but those prices -- holy crow!).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bob Wells said:

I'm working at the Tysons office today and made it a point to venture up to Stomping Ground for a cuppa. It's a good cuppa and worth the detour from Starbucks. There were already people having lunch at 11:30 and the food looked good (as did the wares at Lady M but those prices -- holy crow!).

The blueberry scones are worth the extra notch on my belt! I did not have a chance to try Lady M, on account I was there very early, but will revisit it the next time I am in town. There are times where a splurge both figuratively, and both literally are on order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, curiouskitkatt said:

The blueberry scones are worth the extra notch on my belt! I did not have a chance to try Lady M, on account I was there very early, but will revisit it the next time I am in town. There are times where a splurge both figuratively, and both literally are on order. 

Oh I noticed the blueberry scones. Saving them for the beginning of March, after my bootcamp winter challenge is over. 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...