18 hours ago, DonRocks said:

If either Frank or Aggie wish to come forward

Just out of curiosity, are they a couple, romantically?  The only reason I ask is they always seem to be mentioned together.

1 hour ago, Bart said:

Just out of curiosity, are they a couple, romantically?  The only reason I ask is they always seem to be mentioned together.

No - Aggie is actually in California now (unless she moved again).

• Like 1

The non-compete seems overly broad both in geographical location and cuisine style (not being able to cook American food for example...in America). Plus, per the Eater story, if the quote is true -- 'The agreement says the chef would be released from the non-compete if 'the employer decides to change direction/concept of the business ad Frank Ruta's employment would no longer be necessary.''. Given the owner no longer seemed interested in going for Michelin stars (something he was obvious about in planning the restaurant, sending Frank and Aggie to France for some time) due to the, also Eater quoted, 'Frank was let go for having very high goods and labor costs, cost management was an issue.' - it seems clear a change in direction and concept occurred. Plus, he fired both Frank and Aggie (in July 2018, not September = indicating maybe some presumed settlement/severance?). It is not like they quit to go work somewhere else - he fired them, ffs.

Anyway, if this ever goes to actual litigation, I find it unlikely that the agreement in enforceable as written. These things tend to get thrown out - I hope. This is sour grapes from the Mirabelle owner and he's trying to muck things up for Frank. Frank's got a new partner in Bajaj and hopefully access to an experienced attorney to handle this situation. What a pain in the ass.

I miss Frank's food and really hope this gets resolved quickly.

If anyone wants needs my help, you know where to find me.

See that "[sic]" in the article? That's one, gigantic middle finger.

• Like 1

Kinda.  I'm not sure that thing will be the same if it's not coming out of the precise kitchen that Frank runs.

Can't wait for Annabelle to open up, I've been devoid of a high end celebration place in DC since he left Mirabelle

6 hours ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

Frank Ruta's famed Palena Burger is coming back....

9 minutes ago, DPop said:

Kinda.  I'm not sure that thing will be the same if it's not coming out of the precise kitchen that Frank runs.

Can't wait for Annabelle to open up, I've been devoid of a high end celebration place in DC since he left Mirabelle

Whee!