What To Do with Vidal Blanc? Punch, Cocktails - Need Ideas

ktmoomau

I have now acquired about three bottles of vidal blanc though our wine club (not all at one time, so two different vintages).  I need to use them.  I am not really a dessert wine kind of person normally.  I have a party coming up, could I make them into cocktails, or even better a punch??? If so, any ideas on what to mix with it to help tone down the sweetness?

On 12/17/2018 at 11:23 AM, ktmoomau said:

I have never frozen wine before, I assume you put it in ice cube trays then throw it in a blender?

No, stick the cork back in halfway, put the bottle in the freezer, and then either let it thaw the next day, or *carefully* microwave it on a low setting, checking it every 15 seconds or so until you get the hang of it (microwaved wine can overheat very quickly if you aren't monitoring).

Frozen Wine (cooter)

On 12/14/2018 at 4:16 PM, ktmoomau said:

I have now acquired about three bottles of vidal blanc though our wine club (not all at one time, so two different vintages).  I need to use them.  I am not really a dessert wine kind of person normally.  I have a party coming up, could I make them into cocktails, or even better a punch??? If so, any ideas on what to mix with it to help tone down the sweetness?

Honestly I would just pour it down the drain. I wonder if it might help a compost patch. No.....just pour it down the drain.

I ended up making a sangria style punch with pomegranate seeds, raspberries, blackberries and cherries, vermouth, triple sec and some ginger ale and club soda.  It wasn't as fizzy as a champagne punch which I like more, but it was passable.  But as with a lot of punches, a lot went down the drain at the end of the party too.  

• Like 1