Inn at Jim Thorpe, a Large, Charming, Locally Run Inn (in Two Buildings), with the Main Building in the Center of Town

DonRocks

The Inn at Jim Thorpe is probably going to be one of the 2-3 most expensive places to stay in Jim Thorpe, but it's worth it - stay in the main building if you can, which is smack-dab in the center of town. Park your car (for free), and use it only if you're going to stray from the village, which you won't need to do during a two-night stay. The moment you walk in, you're greeted with a smile, and (in our case) delicious, hot apple cider.

The bedrooms are lovely, with enough space (the two-queen bed setup actually makes the room look bigger than the one-king bed setup - we had both). My only nick would be the restrooms, which (for reference) aren't quite as luxe as they were at the Cambria Hotel in Philadelphia. The restrooms are fine, but this is a large hotel, with many rooms, and redoing them would cost a fortune.

Here are some pictures from their website - the town is actually much *more* charming than it looks here. I recommend for everyone to go here at least once - I hadn't been in thirty years, and it was pretty much just as I remember it (don't bother looking for great food - stick with craft beer, and when it comes to dining, you're probably best off with chili and the like (although there is one "chef-driven" restaurant called Moya that I didn't try)).

The restrooms could tug this down to 3 stars, but it's just so charming that I have to rate it 4.

Screenshot 2018-12-19 at 08.58.07.pngScreenshot 2018-12-19 at 08.57.58.pngScreenshot 2018-12-19 at 08.57.45.pngScreenshot 2018-12-19 at 08.57.36.png

IMG_2102.JPGIMG_E2105.JPGIMG_2087.JPGIMG_2099.JPGIMG_2101.JPGIMG_2103.JPGIMG_2084.JPG

It was the perfect place to visit during the holidays. Even the church bells were playing Christmas tunes. When we were there, the shopkeepers were giving out cookies and cocktails. It’s a fun and festive town with a Victorian Christmas feel.

On 1/2/2019 at 9:22 PM, PhillyGrub said:

Thank you for posting this! I grew up near Jim Thorpe (in neighboring Schuylkill County) but I haven't ever spent much time in Jim Thorpe, so I wanted to go up there in the fall. We didn't make it in 2018; hoping to go this coming autumn.

I would like to go back in autumn as well. I would imagine it is beautiful that time of year, with delicious apple-related things to do.