The Eatery - Food Hall Branded by Former Top Chef, Fabio Viviani - Charles Town, WV

On 12/21/2018 at 12:41 PM, curiouskitkatt said:

Ask and a thread on the Twitterverse you shall receive. What is the difference between the two?

#tweettweet, 

kat

I'm just now indexing this - who is this person? From what I see, he's a promoted entity "with restaurants" in Illinois, California, and New York. I'm not dismissing him based on this, but I'm not the least-bit impressed based on what little I've read.

Is this a TV thing? If so, ugh. Meh, I guess somebody needs to feed the masses - why not him?

16 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

I'm just now indexing this - who is this person? From what I see, he's a promoted entity "with restaurants" in Illinois, California, and New York. I'm not dismissing him based on this, but I'm not the least-bit impressed based on what little I've read.

Is this a TV thing? If so, ugh.

totes a TV thing. in these parts, people fetishize “celebrity” chefs. It will do ok, despite it being remotely any good. It’s why I originally chose to use the term “branded”, and happy you kept it.  I wish it was a different reality. sigh.

tisktisk, 

kat

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 10:25 PM, DonRocks said:

Is this a TV thing? If so, ugh. Meh, I guess somebody needs to feed the masses - why not him?

I have an unreasonable fondness for Fabio, if only because his ipad app (now defunct) had cooking videos that kept BL-6th grader amused for hours when he was 4 years old.  We went to one of his restaurants in Chicago and when I told the whiny kid why we were there, he perked up immediately, even though he hadn't watched those videos in years.

• Like 2