I'll bite: As in "too full even to eat a single wafer-thin mint"?

Marty, your uncertainty here is the only thing you've ever said that shows a lack of refinement.

I just can't post this (<--- yes, this is the dreaded "Mr. Creosote" (<--- this link is safe and merely informational) video, so don't click on it unless you know what you're getting into) on the Komi thread, but it's so outrageously classic that it needs to be one degree of separation away from this website. Boy oh boy is it gross. Puerile: Yes! Childish: Yes! Tasteless: Yes! It's so awesome. John Cleese is *amazing* in this scene (he's actually amazing in general).

From Wikipedia: "When asked about his own proclivity toward gruesome film violence, director Quentin Tarantino has stated that the only time he was disturbed by a graphic or gruesome sequence in a film was this scene." (Maybe they should ask Tom Six.)

This should probably go in the Film forum.

Oh, you mean "waffer-thin mint!"  Having been a Python fanboy since seeing "And Now for Something Completely Different" at age 12, I'm mortified that I missed the allusion!  But now I must insist that it is sacrilege to associate Creosote -- let alone Tom Six! -- with Johnny and Anne's restaurant, no matter the degrees of separation.  Some editorial whitewashing of this thread is now in order . . .

Marty, your uncertainty here is the only thing you've ever said that shows a lack of refinement.

I just can't post this (<--- yes, this is the dreaded "Mr. Creosote" (<--- this link is safe and merely informational) video, so don't click on it unless you know what you're getting into) on the Komi thread, but it's so outrageously classic that it needs to be one degree of separation away from this website. Boy oh boy is it gross. Puerile: Yes! Childish: Yes! Tasteless: Yes! It's so awesome.

From Wikipedia: "When asked about his own proclivity toward gruesome film violence, director Quentin Tarantino has stated that the only tine he was disturbed by a graphic or gruesome sequence in a film was this scene." (Maybe they should ask Tom Six.)

This should probably go in the Film forum.

I didn't realize that I'd never before seen "Monty Python's The Meaning of Life" in its entirety before tonight.

There is, goodness knows, the scene with Mr. Creosote which is, I suppose, the reason I thought I'd seen the whole movie, but other than this, and a few other tidbits, I didn't recognize a thing. 

This film was as close to the "Monty Python's Flying Circus" TV series as any movie I've yet seen by the Python troupe - it's a mixture of skits that are so uproariously funny that you belly laugh, and skits so utterly stupid that you wonder when they're going to be over. Mix the two, and you have a largely satisfying, comedic experience that leaves you feeling lighter than when you came into it.

I wasn't quite with the Prologue - the group of aging, British accountants, who sail around the world, marauding, and taking over, all lesser and would-be firms via the force of their sailing building, but I'd love to see it once again, because at its heart, it was pretty funny.

But like the television Python, this was "take it and like it," and I mostly took it and liked it, while strongly disliking what I didn't like. It's funnier than Benny Hill (is it?), but it also fails harder than Benny Hill when it falls.

I'd love to hear some other people's opinions on this, because I'm certain that there are many. For me, this was a film worth seeing - not great, but funny, and the fish-in-the-tank, for example, make it all worthwhile. How could they not?

• Like 1