Saturday Lunch

Deac

We will be there Friday, Jan 25 and leaving on Tuesday the 29th. I had long earmarked Saturday for a nice lunch at one of the haute cuisine spots in town. But I’m coming up short as most places seem to be closed that day either outright or at least for lunch.  

Any suggestions?

39 minutes ago, Deac said:

We will be there Friday, Jan 25 and leaving on Tuesday the 29th. I had long earmarked Saturday for a nice lunch at one of the haute cuisine spots in town. But I’m coming up short as most places seem to be closed that day either outright or at least for lunch.  

Any suggestions?

Do you have any restrictions in terms of location, dress, time, price, diet, or party size? You're looking at something on the order of a Michelin 1-2 star restaurant which serves a credible brunch, correct? And it doesn't matter which area in Paris proper it's in? Let me know, and I'll examine Sat, Jan 26 for Brunch (is lunch okay?)

Party of 2, none of those things matter much, maybe max 200€/person. Looking for a nice multi-course lunch that will stretch a few hours, as that was planned to be our main activity for the day. 

Was intrigued by the Guy Savoy discounted lunch menu of 130€ but they are closed then. If we have to switch to a dinner that’s ok, but I liked the idea of a leisurely lunch. 

13 hours ago, Deac said:

Party of 2, none of those things matter much, maybe max 200€/person. Looking for a nice multi-course lunch that will stretch a few hours, as that was planned to be our main activity for the day. 

Was intrigued by the Guy Savoy discounted lunch menu of 130€ but they are closed then. If we have to switch to a dinner that’s ok, but I liked the idea of a leisurely lunch. 

I think if you pay over 100€ a head, you'll have a leisurely lunch without much problem.

Atelier Robuchon? You could go vegan here also.

On 1/1/2019 at 1:43 AM, Deac said:

Any suggestions?

Try one of the famous hotels. My favorite is Le Bristol. De Crillon or Plaza Athenée also. Brunch is still a foreign concept in Europe. 

It was amazing. Don’t have time to do the full recap at the moment but one of the best meals I’ve had. Certainly my first time at a Michelin 3-Star, so I have no basis of comparison but I was quite impressed for the value. I went to Eleven Madison Park a month or two before they got their third star, so clearly what they were doing at the time was 3-Star worthy as well as The Inn, but this lunch was much better than both. And as I understand it the ratings in the US are way different than in France. 

• Like 3

On 2/6/2019 at 8:29 PM, Deac said:

It was amazing. Don’t have time to do the full recap at the moment but one of the best meals I’ve had. Certainly my first time at a Michelin 3-Star, so I have no basis of comparison but I was quite impressed for the value. I went to Eleven Madison Park a month or two before they got their third star, so clearly what they were doing at the time was 3-Star worthy as well as The Inn, but this lunch was much better than both. And as I understand it the ratings in the US are way different than in France. 

We all look forward to a full recap - I haven't read a review of Gagnaire in quite awhile.

Also, please let us know what other restaurants you tried in a separate post (I'll split off the Gagnaire report into a separate thread).