Brunch Guide (any volunteers to upgrade it?)

---

On 1/9/2019 at 4:03 PM, DaRiv18 said:

What's the local wisdom for brunch nowadays?  I am used to many (neighborhood) places still putting out really nice plates for brunch, does the A Team here just work evenings?  I could have gone to Al Volo in Union Market at the same time and paid less for much more depth of flavor.  

Boy I like these questions.  Does the A Team take off on Sundays for lots of brunches at lots of places???     I don't know...but I have had my fill of mediocre plain brunches.  Great question for Hank's and I believe many places.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:21 PM, DaveO said:

Does the A Team take off on Sundays for lots of brunches at lots of places???

Oh yes. An old adage

Aug 12, 2000 - "Things To Avoid while Eating in Restaurants" by Anthony Bourdain on theguardian.com

Brunch menus are an open invitation to the cost-conscious chef, a dumping ground for the odd bits left over from Friday and Saturday nights. How about hollandaise sauce? Not for me. Bacteria love hollandaise. And nobody I know has ever made hollandaise to order. And how long has that Canadian bacon been festering in the walk-in? Remember, brunch is only served once a week - on the weekends. Cooks hate brunch. Brunch is punishment block for the B-Team cooks, or where the farm team of recent dishwashers learn their chops.

• Like 1