Sign in to follow this  
curiouskitkatt

Quintessentially Sex and the City - A Comprehensive List of Locales To Visit

I have been actively doing research on other forums as to be able to tie back into our forum. I know it's been several years since Sex in the City has aired, but certainly has become a draw for ladies nearly everywhere to visit the Big Apple. 

Just this morning, Julie Mitcheson of Not for Tourists - A Guide to New York City, posted this: 

Are you a Sex and The City fan?

Before I departed home (and after much research) I compiled a list of SATC locations.  I decided against doing a tour (which is something I had always dreamt of) and visited each location without time constraints.  Turned out to be the best decision EVER.    Here's my fave spots:

Carrie's house – 66 Perry Street, btw West 4th and Bleecker.  Note:  Only the exterior and street were used.

New York Public Library – 5th Ave & 42nd St.

Jefferson Market Garden (where Miranda and Steve got married). Greenwich Ave, btw 6th Ave and West 10th St. 

Louis K Gallery – Charlottes gallery - 141 Prince Street, Ground Floor.

St Marks Comics – Wade + Carrie – 11 St Marks Place.

Buddakan Chinese – Big and Carrie’s wedding rehearsal dinner – 75 9th Ave.

Magnolia Bakery – Carrie and Miranda eating cupcakes on the bench seat outside – 401 Bleecker Street near West 11th.

Sushi Samba (where Samantha threw a martini into Richard's face) – 7 245 Park Ave South/87th Avenue.

Pete’s Tavern – (the longest running bar in Manhattan)  and where Miranda asks Steve to marry her – 129 East 18th St.

Church of the Transfiguration – Samantha & her priest – 1 East 29th St.

Columbus Circle Fountain – where Carrie & Aidan break up, 59th St and 8th Ave.

The Loeb Boathouse (in Central Park) – where Carrie & Big fall in the water – Park Drive North, near East 72nd street.

Onieal’s Restaurant – (Steve's Scout Bar) - 174 Grand Street/Mulberry Road.

Manolo Blahnik – 31 West 54th Street, btw 5th & 6th Aves. (Carries fave shoe shop)

Gray’s Papaya – West 8th & 6th Ave – Carries book party where she and her driver get hot dogs.

Tiffany & Co – 200 5th Ave – Charlotte and Trey go ring shopping.

Da Marino Italian Restaurant - where Big sang to Carrie (and in real life Chris Noth part owns the restaurant) - 220 West 49th St, btw Broadway & 8th Ave.

Enjoy!

I asked for permission to repost, and she happily obliged. I for one am excited to check out several of these locations! 

Women come to New York for two Ls: labels and love." - Carrie

Cruise director, 

kat