Sign in to follow this  
Josh

Weights and Measures - Cafe, Bakery, and Bar on Caroline Street in Midtown

I was reminded of the goodness of W&M this weekend when a friend suggested it for dinner. I've gone for lunch in the past, and have always been happy I did. It isn't a cheap lunch, but their breads and pastas are top-notch, and should be your focus.  

For dinner, Cristina and I shared the pasta special of the day, duck confit stuffed pasta (I can't remember the name of the pasta, but it was kind of a fat tubular ravioli) in a sage butter, and the roasted carrot pizza.  I've somehow never had a pizza here, but they do it right. Nice chew and char to the crust. They describe it as Neapolitan style, though I think it's a bit more substantial than that (no soupy center). My pizza came with thin slices of carrot, Fresno chile, and cilantro. The base used Point Reyes Toma cheese and a nice, rustic dukkah (that is, larger chunks of nuts, not super-finely processed).  Great flavors and textures.

Interesting cocktail menu, and a fairly extensive selections of wines by the glass. I didn't ask to see the full wine list, but apparently there is much more to choose from than what's on the main menu.  

• Like 1