Poll - Jan 17, 2019 - Jan 20, 2021

DonRocks

If Donald Trump Died Tonight ...  

29 members have voted

1. 1. If Donald Trump Died Tonight, Quickly, and without any Pain, from a Sudden Stroke ...

• I would be happy.
    • I would be sad.
    • I don't care.

Anyone who thinks that once Trump is voted out in 2020, everything will be back to normal, is dead wrong. This country has already been harmed for many decades.

"Senate Confirms Trump Judicial Nominee who Cried when Confronted with Anti-Gay Record" by Mark Joseph Stern on slate.com

[01/13/2021 update: This post, and a couple that follow, have blank spaces in them because they previously pointed to Trump's tweets, and his account has now been deleted. (A whole lot of news organizations are going to have this exact same problem.) However, when I edit the post, I can see the URL to the (now-deleted) tweet, so if Twitter ever decides to make these accessible again, they'll either show up here automatically (like before), or I'll find what the URL resolves to, and cut-and-paste the tweets back in. This thread is hopefully going to be moved to the History Forum sometime this month, as we go back to being a non-political website - Donald Trump is hopefully a once-in-a-lifetime exception, and I'm proud that I've shown resistance to him as much as I could, even though I'm certain it has resulted in us losing many members here. Cheers, Rocks.]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This will remain here until Trump is out of office, and when I say "out of office," I mean when Joe Biden is sworn in and Donald Trump permanently retreats away from all affiliation with the United States Federal Government. At that point, this thread will be archived in the History Forum, and the community will return to being completely non-political. Donald Trump is a horrible exception because he represents a threat to the United States, and is the most dangerous person in world history since Adolf Hitler. 

I do not care if you're "liberal" or "conservative," and I mean I couldn't care less. Trump was a one-time exception who has tried to commandeer the nation for his own personal gain, and to eradicate the great institutions of our country to serve his whims and destructive goals.

If you disagree with that, I'm sorry that you're so dimwitted, uneducated, or wealthy-and-selfish: You're one of those three descriptors, and quite frankly, even though we're reverting back to our apolitical position (i.e., no personal insults, no religion, and no politics), the current members of what was once proudly called the Republican Party must be remembered as something that's one step away from the Nazis - maybe you didn't help to commit genocide, but you're still complicit in felonious treason against this nation, and justice must and will be served. 

I love this country, and am proud that I stood up to this destructive government, and will continue to do so as long as is necessary.

• Like 3

On 11/2/2020 at 2:27 AM, DonRocks said:

This will remain here until Trump is out of office, and when I say "out of office," I mean when Joe Biden is sworn in and Donald Trump permanently retreats away from all affiliation with the United States Federal Government. At that point, this thread will be archived in the History Forum, and the community will return to being completely non-political. Donald Trump is a horrible exception because he represents a threat to the United States, and is the most dangerous person in world history since Adolf Hitler. 

I do not care if you're "liberal" or "conservative," and I mean I couldn't care less. Trump was a one-time exception who has tried to commandeer the nation for his own personal gain, and to eradicate the great institutions of our country to serve his whims and destructive goals.

If you disagree with that, I'm sorry that you're so dimwitted, uneducated, or wealthy-and-selfish: You're one of those three descriptors, and quite frankly, even though we're reverting back to our apolitical position (i.e., no personal insults, no religion, and no politics), the current members of what was once proudly called the Republican Party must be remembered as something that's one step away from the Nazis - maybe you didn't help to commit genocide, but you're still complicit in felonious treason against this nation, and justice must and will be served. 

I love this country, and am proud that I stood up to this destructive government, and will continue to do so as long as is necessary.

Today might be the final day of Trumpism; it is certainly a day that will be written about in the history books, and known one-hundred years from now.

[01/13/2021 update [copied from the first post on the top of this page]: This post, and a couple that follow, have blank spaces in them because they previously pointed to Trump's tweets, and his account has now been deleted. (A whole lot of news organizations are going to have this exact same problem.) However, when I edit the post, I can see the URL to the (now-deleted) tweet, so if Twitter ever decides to make these accessible again, they'll either show up here automatically (like before), or I'll find what the URL resolves to, and cut-and-paste the tweets back in. This thread is hopefully going to be moved to the History Forum sometime this month, as we go back to being a non-political website - Donald Trump is hopefully a once-in-a-lifetime exception, and I'm proud that I've shown resistance to him as much as I could, even though I'm certain it has resulted in us losing many members here. Cheers, Rocks.]

• Like 4
  • Confused 1