"The Game of the Century" (1956) - 13-Year-Old Bobby Fisher's Astonishing Game vs. Grandmaster Donald Byrne

DonRocks

This video of "The Game of the Century" is easily understandable even to the casual chess player - as long as you have a modicum of understanding (knowing what "castling" is, for example), you'll be able to understand what Bobby Fisher was able to accomplish - there are two moves of such brilliance that I don't see how even a modern computer could have devised them: 

1) Fisher's Na4, which came out of nowhere, and is called "one of the greatest moves in chess history."

2) Fisher's insane, legendary, Queen sacrifice, Be6, which resulted in a "Windmill," where the opponent is reduced to spectator status, moving their king back-and-forth to avoid checkmates, and watching their pieces get captured, one-at-a-time.

And, it's interesting to see Fisher walking Donald Byrne's King down the bottom row at the end to force a checkmate. Of particular note: Byrne was the consummate sportsman in letting Fisher finish this game, instead of resigning - he recognized the greatness of Fisher's play, and thought Fisher deserved to play it out for the world to see.

This is an astonishing video that I promise you'll understand, and you'll be just as awestruck as I am. Well-worth your time to watch!