The Cheese Monster (website), by Alice Bergen Phillips, is a cool company.  She is currently making cheese displays, teaching classes, and creating cheese pairings for others. 

cheesemonsterdc@gmail.com 

She did an event for 20 people in my home last night that was just so much fun.  We had a seated cheese tasting and wine pairing for the Junior Friends.  She picked 5 cheese and we bought the wine to pair with the cheese.  She can either pick cheese for certain wines you want to have, or she can come up with a whole tasting, whatever you like.  she also mentioned she does a lot of beer and cheese pairings, which would be cool!!!  I have attached a picture of our menu.  We then had a social after where we ate her delicious and beautiful cheese board.  I think it is a social event we might have to have again.  I learned so much about cheese that I didn't know before.  It was an exciting event and something just a little bit more special than the typical social event and really fun for our members. I realize some people on this board know a lot about cheese, much more than me, it was fun to gain a little knowledge, and delicious.  Thanks Alice!  Wishing you lots of success on your brick and mortar coming to DC!

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I made beef meatballs that were ground beef, spinach and artichoke dip and some dry spices, a tortellini pasta salad with pesto and grilled vegetables, banana chocolate chip muffins (I tripled the recipe and used dark chocolate powder), and I had some cookies.  Social chair brought ham rolls and a veggie tray.  Almost all the meatballs and ham rolls were gone, I only had three muffins left, there is some pasta salad left that will become a dinner!  So it was pretty successful!

Also, we didn't do a cheese tray for 20, I am not sure how many people had RSVP'd when we put in our order, maybe 15.  We had a lot of last minute add ons, but it all ended up working out.

• Thanks 1