DR Outing at Chettinadu Indian Cuisine - Hungerford Drive in Rockville

DanielK

Chettinadu Poll for DR.com Lunch or Dinner  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these can you attend? (Check all events that you would attend)

• Feb 18 Dinner
    • Feb 19 Dinner
    • Feb 20 Dinner
    • Feb 24 --- Lunch
    • Feb 24 Dinner
    • Feb 25 Dinner
    • Feb 26 Dinner
    • Mar 3 --- Lunch
    • Mar 3 Dinner

On 1/24/2019 at 3:30 PM, ktmoomau said:

Our friends have wanted to take us here, and we are hoping to go soon.  Maybe I will aim for a day that isn't frigid outside, and will take a sweater just in case.

Less than 10 minutes from me, so shoot me a message if you want to get a group together.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ktmoomau said:

Well, there are only 5 of us who want to do this, let's see if we can find a time more convenient... I am going to create a doodle and post it, unless I can figure out how to create a poll.

I think you have to create a new topic to create a poll. If you do, please do it in the Events forum rather than here.

[All, start another topic and add a poll - I'll move these posts into there when you're finished (I don't think you can retroactively put a poll into an existing thread). Or, if you need me to do anything, just let me know - I'll get it done today (I can't do a poll, because I don't know what to put in it).]

On 2/9/2019 at 11:01 AM, DonRocks said:

[All, start another topic and add a poll - I'll move these posts into there when you're finished (I don't think you can retroactively put a poll into an existing thread). Or, if you need me to do anything, just let me know - I'll get it done today (I can't do a poll, because I don't know what to put in it).]

Okay, the poll is up on top.

22 minutes ago, pjnewman said:

Is this gathering still being considered? Technically the first date in the poll is tonight but I did not see a confirmation for any date.

Yes, but I would absolutely assume it's not tonight!

Since today is Presidents' Day, some people might not see this until tomorrow - Daniel or Katelin, do either of you want to take the lead on this? (If so, just chime in and do it.) I could throw out a date, but I'd rather one of you organize this. People should think about whether they want it on a Sunday night - note that Chettinadu is closed on Mondays!

For those who can make it on Sun, Feb 24, why don't you vote now? It could have never been on Feb 18 or Feb 25 unless we had 50 people, and that's not going to happen (although if we can generate enough interest for such things, I'll be happy to arrange for restaurants to be open on their off-nights; I gave up on doing this years ago, because enthusiasm seemed to disperse throughout other areas of the growing internet (refer to our picnics) - still, if someone wants to resurrect large get-togethers, I'll make them happen).

Sorry, people responded somewhat last minute, when I looked last week we only had one person sign up for each date. 

As of right now for the available dates, we only have 2 people that can go.  I just don't think that is likely worth it.  And I think we should likely select a few new dates a little further out so people could plan.  I would like to at least have 4 people that can go so we could try a few things.