Sign in to follow this  
dracisk

Philos Bar - Chef Ghassan Jarrouj in the Former Tel'veh Cafe & Wine Bar Space, 401 Mass. Ave. NW - Closed

On 2/16/2013 at 9:52 AM, dcandohio said:

I went, so you don't have to...

Tel'Veh is housed in one of those massive new apartment buildings on Mass. Ave. Looking at the web site you could be convinced that it is a serious wine bar with a good raw bar, so I was really curious. It's been open since May, so lack of any posting made me wonder...hidden gem? In short, no.

I believe Tel'Veh serves as a convenient and pleasant, albeit pricey, living room for the tenants of the apartments and condos above and near-by. It is definitely not a place to seek out, and we see no reason to return.

This place is now Philos Bar, still with a Greek emphasis, although I can't tell from the website whether it has anything to do with Tel'veh. It's near my office, but I've never been (although I might go today).

On 6/1/2016 at 10:08 AM, dracisk said:

This place is now Philos Bar, still with a Greek emphasis, although I can't tell from the website whether it has anything to do with Tel'veh. It's near my office, but I've never been (although I might go today).

And now Philos has closed. This was a popular place for happy hours among my officemates.